Best Player Position Changes

Best Player Position Changes

Postby Paul On Mars » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:35 pm

Hey, guys. I know that I'm not the only one who sometimes changes a players primary position right before training camp (where they will focus on learning the new position) when I have a position of need or a player who underperforms in his current role. A lot of times its not easy to find the right guy for a swap, but some position changes seem to work better than others. I'm just curious about what swaps that y'all sometimes make. Maybe we can start a reference database for new players to dabble with here. Note that I have the game option turned on that will allow me to swap any player's position, even defense to offense. Anyway, I'll go first. Here are my go-to swaps.

WR to TE Often Overall score greatly improves
LB to DE Often Overall score slightly or greatly improves
T+G+C Overall score can improve, but usually won't drop so much that it's not worth it
FB to CB Believe it or not, this can work. Overall score barely dropped on the one guy I tried it with
RB to FB Occasionally there is a player this works for with minimal Overall score loss

Note that the players unique skills are critical to whether these changes are feasible. Also, I tend to edit a players body weight 10-20 lbs, depending on the position change. I don't see where it changes anything, but I feel that this is what would really happen in a real life situation.
Paul On Mars

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion