Custom Conferences

Custom Conferences

Postby nittanybluehen » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:03 pm

Since realignment is back in full force, is there a way to customize conferences? Sorry if I'm missing an obvious solution but I have been trying some things and haven't had any luck.
nittanybluehen

Re: Custom Conferences

Postby UC#1 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:25 pm

I would like to know the answer to this as well. Esp. w/ Cincy going to the B12.
UC#1

Postby brooks_piggott » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:40 am

When you create a league you can provide a custom teams.xml file with whatever custom conferences you want as long as you also provide a custom schedule that matches.
brooks_piggott

Postby JDB » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:55 pm

This is only when creating a new league from the beginning though. I believe that the interest here is how you would go about doing this with existing leagues between seasons. It appears that the only thing you can do is team for team swaps between conferences, and even that appears to be limited since you apparently can't do anything with teams that are independents. With all the realignments that are coming down the pike right now in college football, I really feel that enabling us to customize our conference alignments anyway we want between seasons should be a major area of focus for the upcoming CF21 release.
JDB

Postby UC#1 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:36 am

Brooks_Piggott wrote:When you create a league you can provide a custom teams.xml file with whatever custom conferences you want as long as you also provide a custom schedule that matches.

I don't know how to do that. Are there any templates? Also, how does one come up with schedules for every team? That seems daunting!
UC#1

Postby nittanybluehen » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:53 am

You can do a custom schedule with a simple CSV file. Three lines: weeknumber, homeID, awayID. The challenge is the fact that you need EXACTLY 780 games (12 games x 130 teams / 2). So if you use real world schedules, you have to replace the games against FCS opponents and create new matchups with the teams that lose an opponent. If you start totally from scratch you can create a default format. I've done it where each team plays three nonconference games first and then nine conference games. You can then just flip home and away each season and create matchup changes within that format.

But back to the original point, realignment is such a big part of college football that making it an easier function within the game, as opposed to a customization outside of the game, would be a huge addition and really well received.
nittanybluehen

Postby UC#1 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:12 am

nittanybluehen wrote:You can do a custom schedule with a simple CSV file. Three lines: weeknumber, homeID, awayID. The challenge is the fact that you need EXACTLY 780 games (12 games x 130 teams / 2). So if you use real world schedules, you have to replace the games against FCS opponents and create new matchups with the teams that lose an opponent. If you start totally from scratch you can create a default format. I've done it where each team plays three nonconference games first and then nine conference games. You can then just flip home and away each season and create matchup changes within that format.

But back to the original point, realignment is such a big part of college football that making it an easier function within the game, as opposed to a customization outside of the game, would be a huge addition and really well received.

Ok, got it. So just a CSV file with three columns: weeknumber, homeID, awayID. You put all 130 teams in this. I understand what you are saying about the real world schedules and then replacing FCS teams with new match ups. But creating from scratch may be the way to go. You said in so doing, you can create a default format. What do you mean by that?
UC#1

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion