Lagging Issue?

Lagging Issue?

Postby cgwoh8 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:01 am

Hey everyone, I just bought the game off of steam and I have ran into a serious lagging issue. Has anyone else run into this? Mines slow switching from page to page. Its not a systems requirement issue, because I play games that require more out of my laptop such as hearts or iron 4. Is there anyway I can do to fix this? Mods?
Thank You!
cgwoh8

Re: Lagging Issue?

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:49 am

The game runs better with higher CPU specs... the better the CPU and the more Cores/Threads the better the sim speeds, screen switching, and data rendering. RAM will also be helpful. Graphics cards will not improve performance. I have a mid-tier desktop cpu that's only a few years old and new screens take 2-3 seconds on average.

There are some screens in the game that require a lot more data processing to load them up... we preload the data so that sorting, filtering, etc. is fast, but it does mean initial screen loads are slower.
brooks_piggott

Postby cgwoh8 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:50 pm

would you recommend buying a earlier version of the game, and if so what year was best?
cgwoh8

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:26 pm

I think the newer versions, even with the new platform, are better. They provide a better UI, more data, better usability, better sim speeds, better sim results, more immersion, and more features. But we've had lots of people happy with previous versions so it all kind of depends on your preferences and desired feature set.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion