custom league format

custom league format

Postby KW77 » Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:48 pm

similar to my inquiry about PF22, I can't seem to create a custom league with a larger schedule. Is it possible?

the issue is not the teams.xml as i'm using a schedule with 130 teams and using the default teams.xml
KW77

Re: custom league format

Postby servo75 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:19 am

I have a similar question! More simply, I understand we're supposed to have an xml file but I can't find where the teams.xml file format is supposed to be. Same for schedule.csv.
servo75

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:53 pm

I would check the mod forum for examples on how folks set these up. I believe there is already a real world mod with a valid teams.xml format. Typically these files are stored in the documents folders with the other data and not with the game files themselves. If you try and use an invalid teams.xml file it should throw an error or fall back to the default teams.xml file that ships with the game.
brooks_piggott

Postby KW77 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:39 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:I would check the mod forum for examples on how folks set these up. I believe there is already a real world mod with a valid teams.xml format. Typically these files are stored in the documents folders with the other data and not with the game files themselves. If you try and use an invalid teams.xml file it should throw an error or fall back to the default teams.xml file that ships with the game.

As mentioned in the top post, I am using the default teams.xml, I have made no changes to that despite what that error message says. I think the issue stems with the schedule csv not reading correctly.
KW77

Postby brooks_piggott » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:17 pm

You can't put the "default" teams.xml in as a "custom" teams.xml... they're slightly different in format.
brooks_piggott

Postby KW77 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:45 pm

Brooks_Piggott wrote:You can't put the "default" teams.xml in as a "custom" teams.xml... they're slightly different in format.

so i just redownloaded the real world mod and tried the Teams.xml directly from that... is that still not the right format? I got the same error
KW77

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:07 pm

No the real world mod replaces the default teams.xml and isn't a "custom" one either as far as I know.
brooks_piggott

Postby servo75 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:33 pm

servo75 wrote:I have a similar question! More simply, I understand we're supposed to have an xml file but I can't find where the teams.xml file format is supposed to be. Same for schedule.csv.

Actually the teams.xml file is in the INSTALLATION directory, not documents. I guess if you make modifications in game it copies over to the Documents folder. I would not edit that one directly or make a copy and put in under docs first.
servo75

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:48 am

servo75 wrote:
servo75 wrote:I have a similar question! More simply, I understand we're supposed to have an xml file but I can't find where the teams.xml file format is supposed to be. Same for schedule.csv.

Actually the teams.xml file is in the INSTALLATION directory, not documents. I guess if you make modifications in game it copies over to the Documents folder. I would not edit that one directly or make a copy and put in under docs first.

When you install the game, the default files are located with the main program files, but you don't want to edit and use them from there. If there is ever a patch that updates them, they would overwrite your modded files. Instead they should be placed in the documents folder. For example, here is the typical location for modded files.

\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2021\Teams.xml (main file for team information)
\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2021\Weather.xml (if you customize the weather)
\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2021\Bowls.xml (if you customize the bowls)
\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2021\Logos (main team graphics, logos, fields, etc.)
\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2021\Logos\Bowls (bowl logos)
\Documents\Wolverine Studios\DDSCF 2021\Logos\Conferences (conference logos, league logo, etc)
Last edited by slybelle1 on Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
slybelle1
Elite Member

Postby slybelle1 » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:58 am

KW77 wrote:
Brooks_Piggott wrote:You can't put the "default" teams.xml in as a "custom" teams.xml... they're slightly different in format.

so i just redownloaded the real world mod and tried the Teams.xml directly from that... is that still not the right format? I got the same error

The realworld mod is not a custom league format so it would not work. It is a modded version of the default league. I believe if you wanted to try using it as part of a custom league, you would have to change the Teams.xml file, the following line below. Of course if you use my mod Teams.xml, you'll also need to use the rest of the mod such as the graphics and such since it will look for those when playing the game.

<LeagueFormat Format="NCAAFBS" Logo="NCAA.png">

Change to:

<LeagueFormat Format="Custom" Logo="NCAA.png">
slybelle1
Elite Member

Next

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion