Re: custom league format

Postby KW77 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:24 am

Thanks! I'll give this a go next week once I'm back home
KW77

Re: custom league format

Postby KW77 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:00 am

slybelle1 wrote:
KW77 wrote:
Brooks_Piggott wrote:You can't put the "default" teams.xml in as a "custom" teams.xml... they're slightly different in format.

so i just redownloaded the real world mod and tried the Teams.xml directly from that... is that still not the right format? I got the same error

The realworld mod is not a custom league format so it would not work. It is a modded version of the default league. I believe if you wanted to try using it as part of a custom league, you would have to change the Teams.xml file, the following line below. Of course if you use my mod Teams.xml, you'll also need to use the rest of the mod such as the graphics and such since it will look for those when playing the game.

<LeagueFormat Format="NCAAFBS" Logo="NCAA.png">

Change to:

<LeagueFormat Format="Custom" Logo="NCAA.png">

That's the piece I was missing!

I "successfully" created a league with a crazy long schedule just for giggles (each team plays every other team at home and on the road, just for proof of concept). The schedule shows up just fine, and everything seemed right.

However... I put successfully in quotes, because I've never been able to sim a super-sized season, as the sim gets frozen on recruiting somewhere in the middle of the long season every time I've tried. The longest one went 100+ sims before freezing.
KW77

Previous

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion