2021 Is So Laggy I Can't Play It

2021 Is So Laggy I Can't Play It

Postby jscott991 » Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:35 pm

I bought College Football 2021 during a recent sale. I've been trying to play it the last few days and I just can't. It is so slow and laggy that it is unplayable, particularly when trying to play games.

During games, I will often have to click the play button multiple times before it registers. The animations are so clunky that I can't follow what is happening and they often do not reset between plays. In 2020, I did not experience any of these issues and the game runs smoothly.

Many times, a play will finish and move on to the next one without me ever seeing it.

The kickoff bars move very jerkily, starting and stopping.

I own 2020 and I do not have any of these issues.

Is there a setting that I have set wrong? I have an Alienware PC that is only 1.5 years old, so my machine definitely supports this game.
jscott991

Re: 2021 Is So Laggy I Can't Play It

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:33 pm

Not sure why you have to click them more than once, it's not something I've noticed. But I do know that there are delays built into some of the buttons and screens to give the screens time to render, process data, etc. So it may be a case where clicking the buttons multiple times (or even double clicking) is creating a queuing effect of commands which will cause issues. Seems counterintuitive, but you may get better results by slowing down a bit and clicking on things one at a time.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion