SACKS AND FUMBLES

SACKS AND FUMBLES

Postby vanburenboys1 » Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:10 pm

If I play a good team, My Qb will be sacked anywhere from 7-11 times a game. and fumble 50% of those sacks. Is this normal for this game?
vanburenboys1

Re: SACKS AND FUMBLES

Postby brooks_piggott » Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:46 pm

Depends on who you're playing, what plays you're running, whether the defense is recognizing the plays, what the ratings of your QB are, etc.
brooks_piggott

Postby vanburenboys1 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:58 am

Please explain to me the logic in the game that could produce a team getting sacked 18 times in a game. Am i playing with no offensive line? my QB has a 90 rating
vanburenboys1

Postby vanburenboys1 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:57 am

vanburenboys1

Postby AKH » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:08 am

sounds like you may have messed with player ratings?

Alternatively you may be running 100% passing with long QB dropdowns and a bad O-line?

18 sacks isnt something thats normal for the game even in extreme cases, so it has to be something with your savegame and/or settings.
AKH

Postby brooks_piggott » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:00 am

More than likely your playcalling is not diverse enough and the AI knows what's coming each time. Or you have custom plays set up and they are not configured quite right which is leaving gaps for rushers to get the QB, etc. Or as mentioned, the ratings are not set up in such a way that the engine can deal with them properly.
brooks_piggott

Postby vanburenboys1 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:53 am

oh you mean like I have a passing team, so if I pass too much than I get sacked more? I lose 100 yards a game getting sacked. no matter what team I have, no matter what team I'm playing, no matter how diverse my passing playcalling is. No matter how good my line is. I guess this game is just unplayable if you call your own plays. No real logic other than a roll of the dice. How many sacks does my team get a game? one if I'm lucky.
vanburenboys1

Postby brooks_piggott » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:31 am

No I mean if you call the same play over and over again the defense will be ready for it. I've never heard reports of people getting sacked 18 times in a game unless there was something else going on (and even then it tends to be a reasonable number... not 18) A poorly skilled QB or some sort of other player playing QB... poorly or broken plays being created/selected/used... people testing playbooks where they'd call the same play... custom ratings that people set up for their league that don't match the engine... things like that. If you're using a stock league, with stock plays and playbooks, with stock ratings, then you should put in a ticket via support, attach your league file, and give us some sort of description on how you're playing it so we can debug and try to reproduce the issue.
brooks_piggott

Postby vanburenboys1 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:31 am

Yeah that's a lot of mumbo jumbo there. Here is the deal. I play stock plays, in stock leagues, #1 team or #120 team. No matter what team I have, no matter what plays I'm calling. If the defense calls a blitz, they sack my QB EVERY time no matter what. Please fix or dial it down for the 22 game, or I will keep my money.
vanburenboys1

Postby AKH » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:16 am

please put your file on googledox, dropbox or equivalent and send me or brooks the link (or create a ticket like brooks says).

What you are seeing in your game is not normal (If what you are seeing was normal, dont you think the forum would be flooded with similar complaints?), so we need to see your file if we are going to have a chance to fix it.
AKH

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion