playoff game issues

playoff game issues

Postby reme » Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:18 am

hello,

I have completed all the bowl games by individually clicking the sim game button for each game,and i have all the scores showing for each games. When I move to the playoff games there is only a button for matchup, there is not a sim or watch game button for either game. I have tried clicking the sim bowl week button even though all the bowl games have been completed but it still does not enable the playoff games to sim or watch the game.
I have turned off hide scores even though i had already clicked show score for each individual game, but it still does not give the option to sim or watch the playoff games.
thanks for any help.
reme

Re: playoff game issues

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:01 am

I'm not sure what is happening. Sometimes it can be a rogue bowl game that never gets processed right. If you've modded the game sometimes that can affect things. You try to roll back to your .bak file and see if resimming works. Or open a ticket and set up a link to your .bin file and I may be able to debug it. Make sure you are on the latest version of CF21. Also would be helpful to know if it happens every time, happens to only one league, or happens to all leagues you create and whether the leagues are modded in any way.
brooks_piggott

Postby reme » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:04 pm

Thanks for getting back Brooks.
I am on the current ver 5.0.3 with the real world mod installed. This is the 2nd season though in the league and there was no issue with the league or mod in the 1st season. I simmed another league 2 seasons using the mod to test it and it worked fine for the playoffs in both seasons, so it appears to be something with just my current league not advancing beyond the bowl games to the playoff games.
I have noticed in my current league with the issue if i switch from bowl games back to week 16 on the game day screen, all the week 16 championship games are now blank with no teams listed like the screen shows before week 16 games are available. It just has the name of the championship game with no teams listed. This may be causing my issue. All the week 16 championship games played with no issue to get me to the bowl games, so something has happened since then, if that will help you.

as an FYI: For the bowl games, i had clicked sim game for each individual bowl game instead of simming the entire week at once if that makes any difference, which i assume it doesn't. I also did that for some of the bowl games in my test and it did advanced no problem in the test league doing it like that.

I was going to open a ticket and tried to include the .bin file link for my current league for you, but it states file is too large (93mb). i am not sure how to get the file to you

Thank you for your help with this !
reme

Postby brooks_piggott » Mon Dec 26, 2022 6:24 pm

Sounds like you found a workaround. You're probably right, there may be something messing with the screen switching. Normally closing the game and reopening clears that stuff up, but there may be something screwy in there.
brooks_piggott

Return to DDS: College Football 2021 General Discussion