College Mod 21 Beta Issues List

College Mod 21 Beta Issues List

Postby NCAAhoops » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:40 pm

If you find an issue please post it here so we can get as many fixed in the first update.

Reported issues.
1. (FIXED 2/16/2021 with 20.0.06 release) - Relegation/Promotion works with default game but conference logos do not work with an import. - Have found the issue and will be fixed in first update. Problem is in all the Import files in the ConferencesREL.dB.
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
NCAAhoops

Re: College Mod 21 Beta Issues List

Postby Yellowmiami » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:12 pm

I'm coaching Idaho State and my team had a $68,000 budget starting out for recruiting but no scholarships available.
Yellowmiami

Postby PointGuard » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:43 am

Yellowmiami wrote:I'm coaching Idaho State and my team had a $68,000 budget starting out for recruiting but no scholarships available.

This isn't an issue related to the mod. Sometimes a team will be out of synch with too many players in one class and too few players in a class. In your case there are no seniors (on scholarship) on the team you inherited. There are three ways to deal with this:

1. Do nothing right now and deal with it in future years. In this case you won't be recruiting anyone this year...but do spend the budget on recruiting to have a better chance of getting your request to the board approved at the end of the season.
2. If you have a lot of freshmen who have scholarships on your roster now, redshirt one or two of them to begin adjusting the class sizes...again In this case you won't be recruiting anyone this year...but do spend the budget on recruiting to have a better chance of getting your request to the board approved at
the end of the season.
3. Cut one or more players on scholarship (who you don't feel will be of help to you). That way you will then have scholarships to award this year and you can recruit. In that case be sure to recruit HS seniors, not JC players. That also will begin to equalize the classes on your roster.

Generally I like to have 2-4 players on scholarship in each class (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior). Otherwise you have years when you are recruiting few or no players and other years when you have too many scholarships to offer.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby RGSchulzy16 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:29 am

Played for 8 hours and had zero crashes.

Only small issues I've noticed so far is

The predicted game totals in the game preview seem to be off, the under/over seems to always be around 80 points (very unrealistic)

and on occasions problem stopping the game after using the fast forward feature when the "pause at all stops" option is off
RGSchulzy16

Postby PointGuard » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:41 pm

RGSchulzy16 wrote:Played for 8 hours and had zero crashes.

Only small issues I've noticed so far is

The predicted game totals in the game preview seem to be off, the under/over seems to always be around 80 points (very unrealistic)

and on occasions problem stopping the game after using the fast forward feature when the "pause at all stops" option is off

NCAAhoops created this thread for issues related to his mod. If you have issues specific to the game, they will get lost here...better to create a thread so Gary can see them and address them one-by-one.

With regard to team scoring:

I did an analysis of team and individual stats during the alpha testing of CB2021. While there may be small variations for each association and each season played in DDSCB2021 (particularly if you edit players/teams), here's what I found for team scoring after the completion of a full season: The range for ppg for all 357 teams was 59.5 ppg to 85.3 ppg with the median being 71.5 ppg. This compared closely to r/l NCAA team stats this season where the range is 51.5 ppg to 94.3 ppg with a median of 72.1 ppg (the 94.3 ppg this season is Gonzaga that is an offensive juggernaut and is scoring at a rate much higher than anyone else).

Most other team stats and individual leaders stats were pretty close to r/l NCAA division 1 with a few minor variations...for which Gary is trying to tweak.

As I said, with regard to your other issue, I suggest you create a thread in the First Access forum to let Gary know. I kind of doubt he will be checking out this thread about issues related to NCAAhoop's mod.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby tyronethecalzone » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:26 pm

-Conference names didn't change
-Magazine season preview not working
-The dashboard isn't showing correctly (no team card up top)
-Can't look at standings
Dynasties:
Kentucky the lost team in the SEC
tyronethecalzone

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:21 pm

These are not mod related as conference logos work unless you do Relegation/Promotion as posted above a know issue in the mod. Magazine, Dashboard & standings are not part of the mod. Sounds like you have other issues.
Did you let the game install in the default location of C:\Wolverines Studios\DDSCB2021 ? If so did you let the mod install i the default location too? Do those things work if you do not import and just let the game defaults start a game?
NCAAhoops

Postby RGSchulzy16 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:09 pm

Sorry about that, I am just blind apparently
RGSchulzy16

Postby PointGuard » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:22 am

I sort of misread your post, RGShulzy...After reading your post, I looked at some of the over/under's and I agree that they seem low (most were in the low 100s) while it seems to me they should typically be in the mid-100s since the average team score is in the low 70s. While this is kind of a small issue and doesn't affect the game in any way, I passed along my observations to Gary. I'm not sure what formula the game is using to generate those.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 FirstAccess