Suggestion

Suggestion

Postby schlick7 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:45 pm

I think it would be nice to have an easy way to change game-plans (maybe depth chart as well) on a per game basis. Do you have any plans on doing this?

A little button on the play/sim page next to the preview button is where I'd like to see this. When you click it you can change the strategy and the coach setting sliders (like you can "playing" a game on the right side). Being able to change the depth chart here would be nice as well. These would be for this game only.
It would be nice to expand on this a little as well with the ability to tell your team to: shoot more 3s, more drives, etc. if the sim engine allows this.
I feel this would really give some more sim control without having to "play" the games.

A minor thing I'd like to see is a "View Report" button on the game preview that links to what is sent in the emails. This would would work even better built into the screen of my earlier suggestion.

I'm pretty new to the game, but enjoying it so far!
schlick7

Re: Suggestion

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:36 pm

Well you can set a depth chart and matrix for just one game if you want - go to your depth screen and click the store lineup button. That will save your matrix minutes and then you can change them for the game how you want them and then after the game you can click the restore lineup button and it will reset the minutes how you had them. You would have to move players around in the depth chart as it only stores the minutes allocated. All of the strategy things you are asking for are available on the strategy page as well. There you can change your offensive and defensive set usage, your focus on offense if you want to shoot more outside shots plus there you get the proficiencies chart so you know what sets your players are good at.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby schlick7 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:51 pm

Yes I know that all the things can be changed, its just really clunky. The depth change has that save ability but the strategy doesn't unless I'm missing something.

Maybe the sim engine can't be changed that way but I'd like to see the ability to choose the types of shots emphasized. "prefer inside" doesn't mention anything about whether its drives or passes inside. Having a thing with sliders for: driving, 3s, post up, and maybe iso would be nice thing to see in the future - of course that doesn't mean your team will necessarily listen.

Would you consider adding that "view report" button next to the preview button? Or is that more work than it sounds.
schlick7

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:15 pm

That view report screen is its own screen so it would not fit in a module popup and would force you to leave the schedule screen to do it. I mean I can look at some kind of adjustment window popup for strategy but I feel that it's not going to be super useful not having all the data at your fingertips that you would normally have from the full screen itself. I will give it some thought and see if there is a useful way to do it.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby schlick7 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:33 pm

I guess more specifically what I want is for the tendencies to be on the preview screen. I could then look at the offense/defense they run then i can decide whether I think I need to make adjustments for the game.

I see the issue now. Didn't register in my mind that it's a full screen thing and not a pop-up. I could see it still working as a hotlink to the email though. Would remove having to go search in the email for it. It's a little thing though so no big deal.

A possible idea for the strategy would be a toggle of some sort that could make any changes you do stick for only a single game.

Maybe I'm missing something, but don't you need to also go to "your office" to change things like pace and defensive pressure? This is sort of the issue I have. For each game you need to look at the schedule, then the email page and search for that team, depth chart, your office, strategy.
It's a pretty information dense game though, so maybe there isn't enough room on the strategy page for those things.
schlick7

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 FirstAccess