Recruiting Class Disappeared

Recruiting Class Disappeared

Postby tag01 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:38 pm

I just started a new season and neither of the recruits I landed would up on my team. I assume they didn't qualify academically (even though they were listed as likely to qualify). Is there a way see what happened with them? There was no notification, just two empty slots on my roster for the following season.
tag01

Re: Recruiting Class Disappeared

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:13 pm

Are their scholarships still available? Did you search the league to see if they somehow decommitted and went to another school?

If they did not meet the academic standards you should have gotten an email in the prior season to let you know that. You don't happen to have the game saved from that season do you?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby tag01 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:18 pm

Gary Gorski wrote:Are their scholarships still available? Did you search the league to see if they somehow decommitted and went to another school?

If they did not meet the academic standards you should have gotten an email in the prior season to let you know that. You don't happen to have the game saved from that season do you?

I didn't see an email to that effect, I don't think I missed it but I guess it's possible. I don't think they transferred, I searched for one of them in the NCAA player search and they didn't show up at all.

I have a save but it's from the following summer.
tag01

Postby WarEagle13 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:30 am

Gary Gorski wrote:Are their scholarships still available? Did you search the league to see if they somehow decommitted and went to another school?

Interesting....I wasn't aware a recruit decommiting was a thing. What is the likelihood that recruits do this? Not sure that I have ever seen it happen.
WarEagle13

Postby Chris » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:55 am

WarEagle13 wrote:

Interesting....I wasn't aware a recruit decommiting was a thing. What is the likelihood that recruits do this? Not sure that I have ever seen it happen.

+1 , I'd like to know the answer to this too
Chris

Postby Gary Gorski » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:15 pm

It's extremely rare but possible
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 FirstAccess