Game keeps simming days by itself

Game keeps simming days by itself

Postby schlick7 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:14 pm

I sim a week at a time by setting the sim length to week. This seems to only happen during conference play.

It drops me off on Sunday and then the game seems to decide to advance to Monday without me clicking on anything. This even happens when I leave the page. It doesn't show any games being simmed.

This last week slipped ahead to Tuesday instead. It completely skipped over the games on Monday and did not sim them.

This happens on the new release as well.
schlick7

Re: Game keeps simming days by itself

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:39 pm

Often there are no games scheduled for Sunday, so that's when it would go "skip" to Monday.

I don't understand skipping to Tuesday unless maybe it was during the post-season tournament time and there were no games on either Sunday or Monday...just a guess though.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:41 pm

As to not playing games that were actually scheduled on Monday, if you saved at that point, then you should send the game files to Gary via a Support Ticket.

We experienced something similar to that during the alpha testing, but it seemed to have been fixed.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby schlick7 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:45 pm

Yeah I've been ignoring the skipping to Monday because it never had any negatives until now. I'll make a support ticket.

It skips to Monday every single week once I start conference play. Does the game never schedule conference games on Sunday?
schlick7

Postby schlick7 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:48 pm

The Ticket page says my save file exceeds the upload size limit. its 119mb
schlick7

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:52 pm

schlick7 wrote:Yeah I've been ignoring the skipping to Monday because it never had any negatives until now. I'll make a support ticket.

It skips to Monday every single week once I start conference play. Does the game never schedule conference games on Sunday?

Not really sure about that, but it's not unusual for there to be no games on Sunday in DDSCB...but I think that the days games are scheduled changes from season to season...I know that my teams some years have their 2 weekly games on different days than in other years.

BTW...if you have a screen shot of the Daily Schedule for that Monday that shows games scheduled but not played, it would be good to include that with your submission.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby schlick7 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:26 pm

schlick7

Postby PointGuard » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:52 pm

Follow the directions for submission of files that are provided in the HELP section in the Hamburger Menu in the upper left corner of the game.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby AgaliareptX » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:24 am

PointGuard wrote:

Follow the directions for submission of files that are provided in the HELP section in the Hamburger Menu in the upper left corner of the game.

As a heads-up, that page is now outdated with the UI change. Specifically the "how can I access the commissioner's office" section
AgaliareptX

Postby PointGuard » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:40 am

Right that paragraph needs to be changed to say the commission's office can now be reached by going to the upper right corner of the game screen (where you'll see the head coach's name). Gary's been made aware that paragraph needs to be updated.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 FirstAccess