Opponent never gets the ball in 2-D mode (AI coaching)

Opponent never gets the ball in 2-D mode (AI coaching)

Postby KingNeb » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:21 am

Was playing a pretty competitive game against a top 25 team but then midway through the second half the opponent stopped getting the ball. My team would score or turn it over then my team would get the ball right back. The opponent never showed in the play by play grid at the bottom.

It also messes up the +/- because I have guys at -19 & -20 when I won by 24.

Other people have mentioned this issue as well so I know it's not just me.

Sandbox dynasty with a mid-major school watching the 2-D game (AI coaching), first game of the first season.
KingNeb

Re: Opponent never gets the ball in 2-D mode (AI coaching)

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:40 pm

Do you happen to have a game log generated from that game that I could possibly look at? Has the issue happened more than once?

Did anything change in strategy (I know the AI was in control) - like starting pressing or something like that?
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby KingNeb » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:50 pm

Hey Gary. I have a box score but is the game log something separate I need to enable? I will look for it tonight and will ask the other person who mentioned the issue if they have a log.

It happened with about 12 minutes left in the game any my underdog team was down like 15. Seems like the time of game where a press (full court M2M) would have been initiated.
KingNeb

Postby walterdog12 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:07 pm

I'll try to grab the game log next time it happens to me.

Visually/statistically what happens is that sometime in the 2nd half we'll make a shot, and as soon as the other team touches the ball it will somehow give my player possession, and they will then attempt a full court shot on our own goal and it will count as a turnover in the stat sheet. However, it will then give my team possession again and we'll go back on offense.

So the game log will be something along the lines of:

Team A made shot.

Player on Team A attempts full court shot.

Team A missed shot.

Player on Team B rebounded the ball.

Player on Team A attempts full court shot.
walterdog12

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 FirstAccess