Some suggestions & a question

Some suggestions & a question

Postby KingNeb » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:34 am

Hello! Some of these suggestions are more involved than others but I figured I'd throw them out there. Thanks in advance!

1) Is there a place that shows the rankings of each conference? Something like conference RPI/strength of conference? It would be amazing to have a screen that listed all the conferences ranked by power. Maybe include their average NET ranking & their highest rated NET team? Seeing how good each conference is would be sweet.

2) I would love to see NET rankings on in game daily schedule screen (10-4, 3-1 Conference, 75 NET)

3) Scouting report E-mail should also include the conference record for conference games & maybe even what place that team is in. It would also be great if both the scouting report E-mail & the full scouting report included the NET ranking.

4) The sim screen looks absolutely amazing but the actual simulation screen isn't very functional. I would like an option to have the larger scores display only a subset of games while simming the rest in the background (top 25, conference games, etc). This would help with immersion & seeing how other teams relevant to me are doing (again, top 25 and/or conference teams). It would also help me get to know players on relevant teams by seeing leading stats players for other teams.

5) When scheduling I would like to see some sort of preseason rankings on schedule screen (outside of top 25...maybe use prestige/roster strength?) As it is trying to schedule opponents is tricky with little information to guide me. This was the first season for me so maybe it's addressed in future years?

6) In the 2-D simming I would love being able to skip ahead for a specific period of time (5 mins, 10 mins, etc). This would be great since I don't coach the games & want to skip to crunch time in the regular season. As it stands I'm only watching the truly big games but if I could power through the games faster & with more control I would watch more.

Not a suggestion but a question:

Does texting recruits only tell me information as to what's important to them? Or does it also help me in recruiting? I'm thinking that when I mention something in a text that I'm "pitching" it to the recruit so it gives me points toward landing them.

Thanks for reading. If any of these things are already in the game & I've missed it then please let me know. Still in my first season & really enjoying it so far. Good luck!
KingNeb

Re: Some suggestions & a question

Postby madeye » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:27 pm

These are all great suggestions! I would also love to see the date of the game in the scouting email. Seems trivial, but to see the date I have to either open the scouting report, or click to another screen to see it.

Option to filter down the sim screen to conference and top 25 would be awesome too.

There seems to be a fast-forward button in the 2-d sim screen but it's not clear how it works and seemed a bit buggy to me. I couldn't tell if it was progressive 1x, 2x, 3x speed type of button or what. Once I started clicking it I couldn't tell what it was doing and the sim got a little "herky jerky" for lack of a better term...

My understanding of the texting/calling of recruits is that you're just mining for information to use as a pitch during an in-home visit. I could be wrong as I'm also new to the game, but I believe I read that somewhere on Discord or something...
madeye

Postby schlick7 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:40 pm

The fast forward button advances to the next action. Like if you have all the pause stuff disabled it would sim until half. You can't actually see the game sim while this happens.
schlick7

Postby PointGuard » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:45 pm

I really like Suggestion #4.

Re your question about texting: You're getting information about their interests but it can also increase their interest level in your program (e.g. take them from no interest to "cool" level of interest).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:31 pm

1. Go to the Almanac and choose the Conferences button on that screen. That will give you some conference info. I will make a note to maybe add in like the average NET of the teams or something

2. Probably won't add this as its just not commonly displayed like that

3. noted, thanks

4. I don't really understand the ask I don't think and from what I think you want it is not possible. The games are simmed in order so it can't be like an in the background thing. When the games are simulated it does give the top players for each game so that you can do just what you like and in the options page there is the option to slow the sim speed down (although right now its for all games or just your game). Maybe another option to slow it down for "relevant" games like top 25, conference etc so that those stay up longer and you can see more of that data and then the other non relevant games go faster?

5. Not sure how much more I can give here as it already has the preseason top #25 and gives you the prestige of each available possible opponent. I can't give you a roster strength rating here though because you don't know other rosters in the game unless you scout them

6. Your best bet here is the fast forward option - it just stops all the 2D movement and lets the game move quickly to whatever point you want and then you can hit the pause button and slow things down again from there.

Texting/calling recruits is as was suggested your opportunity to mine for additional information so you know what area to pitch on your home visit

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby PointGuard » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:58 pm

Gary, re #4--That's what I thought he was suggesting...additional options in Game Options>>Simulation Style to allow for "Slow Simulation for Conference Teams Only" and "Slow Simulation for Top 25 Teams Only". I know that I'd really like that for teams in the conference in which my team is playing.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby KingNeb » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:14 am

Gary Gorski wrote:1. Go to the Almanac and choose the Conferences button on that screen. That will give you some conference info. I will make a note to maybe add in like the average NET of the teams or something

What I'm looking for is an overall conference ranking list. #1 ACC, #2 Big Ten, etc. It would be nice to see where the respective power level of each conference lies. This would especially be great for the lower level conferences.

I'm not sure what tab this would go on. I think where you mentioned as "conferences" in the almanac would be the best candidate. This already lists the conference prestige & it seems like there's enough space to add an "average NET" category. That would be fantastic!

Gary Gorski wrote:4. I don't really understand the ask I don't think and from what I think you want it is not possible. The games are simmed in order so it can't be like an in the background thing. When the games are simulated it does give the top players for each game so that you can do just what you like and in the options page there is the option to slow the sim speed down (although right now its for all games or just your game). Maybe another option to slow it down for "relevant" games like top 25, conference etc so that those stay up longer and you can see more of that data and then the other non relevant games go faster?

This is a tricky one to clearly explain but I'll keep trying! I want the games simmed as fast as possible but what I'd like to be displayed is something that I can read. Currently it scrolls through all the results so quickly that I can't see any of them. To be clear I don't want any of the simming to slow down but rather maybe have it linger on certain results for longer while it continues simming in the background? Another option (that probably would require too much work) would be to have a list of the results. This wouldn't be nearly as pretty but it would be way more functional.

Duke 80 UNC 77
Ohio State 90 Michigan 89
Wright State 59 Northern Kentucky 57
Etc

This would help me keep track of how other teams & teams in my conference are doing. I love the quick box scores at the bottom of the sim page for the previous day. Simming (understandably) takes a while & I'd like to find a better in game use of this time instead of seeing a bunch of scores fly through the page & not being able to read them.

I hope my explanation is clear.

Gary Gorski wrote:6. Your best bet here is the fast forward option - it just stops all the 2D movement and lets the game move quickly to whatever point you want and then you can hit the pause button and slow things down again from there.

What I was seeking is a way to quickly fast forward to a specific point in the game or fast forward ahead 5, 10, 15 minutes of game time. In other text sims I like to "watch" my games pretty fast & unless I'm missing it the overall watch speed is slower than I'd like.

Thank you for the responses to everything!
KingNeb

Postby schlick7 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:54 am

Putting the game speed slider to max makes them sim by pretty fast. If you turn off the auto pausing you could probably sim a game in 5ish minutes.
schlick7

Postby KingNeb » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:01 am

schlick7 wrote:Putting the game speed slider to max makes them sim by pretty fast. If you turn off the auto pausing you could probably sim a game in 5ish minutes.

Thanks for the info on the timetable. I usually sim faster than 5 minutes/game in other games I've played. I like to sim quickly at the beginning of the game & watch crunch time. Or if the game is a blowout I sim the entire game quickly.
KingNeb

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 FirstAccess