College Mod 21 Updated to v21.1.0 Final Release

Re: College Mod 21 v20.0.05

Postby WarEagle13 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:33 am

PG...for sure...I know NCAAhoops has been a large contributer...I have downloaded in the past and really appreciate his work to make the game more immersive.

I can't get my antivirus down long enough to get this downloaded. Not sure if it is an add-on in the browser or what, but when I disable it still gives me the warning and never lets me proceed with the download.

I'll spend some more time on it....I'm sure Ill get it eventually.
WarEagle13

Postby C-Bailey24 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:56 am

PointGuard wrote:
C-Bailey24 wrote:I can get the pop-up to download to my choice of location but then it won't actually download

I had to double or triple click on the "download" button to get it to begin downloading. Then it downloaded to my computer without a problem.

WarEagle13 wrote:Getting a dangerous webpage block on this download page from norton.

Sort of typical for antivirus programs to give this sort of warning to sites/sources they don't recognize. Many people here have been downloading stuff from NCAAhoops for quite a while without any problem. I just ignore the antivirus warning and install it. But each person has to decide what they are willing to do. I'm sure it would be quite expensive and time-consuming for a modder to go through all the hoops to get recognized by all the different anti-virus programs.

I'm not having trouble with the Blue DOWNLOAD button from the link. What I'm saying is after I click the download button and get the "Save As" pop-up box from my computer which contains the file name, location it will be saved, etc and click SAVE the box disappears and nothing happens after that. I don't get the download progress bar or anything
C-Bailey24

Postby C-Bailey24 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:12 am

Turned off Norton and still get the stupid " this is a dangerous page" message. Still nothing happens after I click save. This is crazy
C-Bailey24

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:12 pm

This happens every year where a few have trouble. It usually Anti Virus related. I see 2 or 3 people have an issue this year but my stats shows 75 downloads so its not the download site. Plus it's not the same site I used last year and saw the same thing with a hand full of people that could not download.

Suggest you also check Windows Defender as it could be active with your other Anti Virus too. Disable it as well.
I may have an update later tonight so I'll try maybe 2 different ways to link and see if that helps.
NCAAhoops

Re: College Mod 21 Updated to v20.0.06

Postby dpri50 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:05 am

When I try to download it says I can't reach the page. Anything I can do? I already cleared my cache and browsing history. thanks.
dpri50

Postby WarEagle13 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:19 am

I finally got it to download...for some reason my Norton did not like the fireload site...

It appeared to be the downloaded Norton extension on my browser....I temp removed it, downloaded, and placed the extension back in afterwards.

Appreciate you guys hard work on this. It really makes a huge difference in the immersion factor.
WarEagle13

Postby PointGuard » Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:49 am

Yeah, Windows Defender also sometimes blocks this...so I just turn Windows Defender off for the download and then turn it back on when the download finishes.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby WarEagle13 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:23 am

I do have a question...there are going to be more team movements in conferences in the next coming year. If I wanted to induce those changes now prior to or on the first day of startup, is there a way to do this?

I would like to move
North Carolina A&T from MEAC to Big South
Bethune Cookman from MEAC to SWAC
Florida A&M from MEAC to SWAC
Kansas City from Summit to WAC

This would change conference setups too
Big South from 11 to 12
MEAC from 11 to 8
SWAC from 10 to 12
WAC from 9 to 10
Summit from 9 to 8
WarEagle13

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:04 pm

The easiest way for you to do that would be pick the xx_Import you wish to start with. Make a copy and name as you wish and make changes you want to that import file. In this way all other Conference, team mos names and graphics from would be available to use with out starting from scratch. I haven't look at next years moves yet as I have been so busy. Actually still working on coaches file still. But You have to have schedules to match. Looking at the number of team you have listed there are schedules for that many teams in your list.
NCAAhoops

Postby WarEagle13 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:35 pm

NCAAhoops wrote:The easiest way for you to do that would be pick the xx_Import you wish to start with. Make a copy and name as you wish and make changes you want to that import file. In this way all other Conference, team mos names and graphics from would be available to use with out starting from scratch. I haven't look at next years moves yet as I have been so busy. Actually still working on coaches file still. But You have to have schedules to match. Looking at the number of team you have listed there are schedules for that many teams in your list.

Awesome! Thanks...I'll give that a try and see how it goes.
WarEagle13

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 Mods