SQLite Studio exporting question

SQLite Studio exporting question

Postby Celtic17 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:29 pm

Hello!

I am sorry if this has been asked before I searched through the Forum's and did not see anything that directly answered the question.

Long story short, I am trying to edit the database using SQLite Studio and have no issues modifying the data. But, the issue I am running into is when I export the files I am unable to get them back to the .db format, they are saved as .sql so when I go to access the changes in game, I am unable to load the Association after the "Accept settings/continue to coach screen" I can click it, but nothing happens. Does anyone have any tips for this? I have tried making a copy of the amazing mod created by NCAAHoops in SQLite, making no modifications, then exporting the file, but I have the same issue. Though when I click on the original .db file it works fine without issue. I'm sure this is probably a silly question, and I apologize for that. But, Google has failed me, so I figured I would ask the experts! :)

Thanks in advance for any help!
Celtic17

Re: SQLite Studio exporting question

Postby jlemmen43 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:06 pm

Are you exporting the whole database or just the table (s) you wish to edit? Also You shouldn't have to save any files per se, you have to click "accept" I think it is in SQLite. It's the checkmark button. And the database auto saves and will work for importing into the actual game.

If you're exporting to an external editor, like Excel/Libre Spreadsheet, then just export the table you want to edit and import it back into the same spot when finished. Make sure it stays in CSV format.
jlemmen43

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:12 pm

I don't use SQLite so I'm not familiar with how it does things but yes you should be able to edit, save and use that to start a game.
I would assume SQLite would save back in the same format it loaded. I have seen posted last year where guys were getting 3 files that did not work and if that's the case it's the WAL (Write Ahead Log) that needs to be turned off so you only get 1 file.
NCAAhoops

Postby Celtic17 » Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:37 pm

Thank you both so much for your answers! I was able to get it to work with your advice! I feel kind of silly, because it was such an easy fix, and I spent an excessively long time trying to find a solution!

Thank you again, I really appreciate it!
Celtic17

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 Mods