Players going pro

Re: Players going pro

Postby Billdozer » Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:24 pm

Yeah, I think the Pre-season Norton Watch list can be a strong indicator of a possible early declaration for the NBA draft. However, it is not a guarantee either way.
Billdozer

Postby TripLykely » Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:11 pm

Billdozer wrote:Yeah, I think the Pre-season Norton Watch list can be a strong indicator of a possible early declaration for the NBA draft. However, it is not a guarantee either way.

Agreed, injuries/playing time and RNG affect the end result but the Norton list is good. I’ve started using that watchlist to help determine depth and rotation as well lately (have yet to disagree)
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Postby RGSchulzy16 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:59 pm

jfsolo23 wrote:I do feel like not enough players are going pro early in this version. Maybe a player will stay for their Sophomore season these days, but no player who is already worthy of being a first round pick is going to stay 3 or 4 years playing college basketball. If a players blows up in their Junior or Senior season, that's understandable, but the days of a Duncan, or even a Hansborough are gone. In reality, even a lot of players who are misguided about their status go early into the draft, IMO this was tuned better last year.

100% agree still few too little turn pro. I’d really like this to be a scale like the injuries. 100% being what it’s like now, 150% being closer to real life. 200% being like the ones who “test the waters” in real life don’t return either. Allows for 0% to be every player plays their season year
RGSchulzy16

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion