Tie Breaker

Tie Breaker

Postby BKL » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:18 am

Can someone tell me how the game determines tiebreakers in a 3 or 4 way tie in the conference? Thanks.
BKL

Re: Tie Breaker

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:06 pm

I'd love to know that, too!
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby BKL » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:12 am

Any answer?
BKL

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:45 pm

Since Gary may not see this thread (and your question), suggest you submit a Customer Support ticket...that will go directly to him (and he's the only one who can truly answer your question). If and when you find out, posting the answer here would be good since others are interested in this also.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby BKL » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:48 pm

I did email and I’m waiting to hear back now. I will post if I do find out.
BKL

Postby BKL » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:00 pm

I have gone through multiple conferences with 3 or 4-way ties and still cannot find any consistent method. If a team clearly has defeated all other teams, it will be ranked ahead of the others. However, if there is a mix in the W/L record in head to head between the tied teams, I can't figure it out. I looked at record between tied teams, point differential, total points scored, and record vs. highest-seeded team and there is no consistency (I have multiple conferences where ties have happened). Since tied records are probably not too uncommon with so many conferences, I would think there is some method for breaking the tie. I emailed tech support asking for clarification.
BKL

Postby BKL » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:29 pm

Received answer from WS, as follows:

For 2 teams it's h2h, then division, then conf, then points for, then coin flip... for 3 teams it depends on the wildcard but it's either wins against common division and/or wins against common conference, then division wins, conference wins, points for, then coin flip

Thank you for the answer and reply!
BKL

Postby BKL » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:02 pm

So I tried to see if the answer provided works but I can’t seem to replicate it. I have three tied teams and cannot get the standings to match the formula noted in my last post. Has anyone else figured out how ties are broken if head to head doesn’t provide a clear choice? I’m surprised it’s not simple, like NET. I think this is important to understand since there are ties every season given the large number of conferences. You kind of want to know if you don’t make the conference tournament and you’re tied, why did you rank lower. Any help would be appreciated.
BKL

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:59 am

The answer you mentioned would seem to be for DDSPB rather than DDSCB since it refers to "divisions".
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion