Ivy League

Ivy League

Postby grahoben » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:28 pm

Something interesting I've noticed in running two simulated seasons. In both sims (separate save files), every team in the Ivy League was in the bottom 25 of the NET, and averaging around 30 turnovers per game. Has anyone else seen anything like that in their games?

I also had one other question about using Commissioner Mode. Is there any way to manually select which teams play in the NCAA tournament? Overall I love that NET and the quadrant system was added to the game! I'd just like to be able to switch around matchups/at large teams if that was an option.
grahoben

Re: Ivy League

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:21 pm

Just checked an association with a completed season...worst topg for any team was 20.0. Worst Ivy was Dartmouth with 17.4 topg.
Lowest topg was 12.1. Lowest topg for an Ivy league team was Harvard with 14.0 topg.
No Ivy League teams were in bottom 25 for NET.

Checked another association with a complete season...worst topg for any team was 19.6. Worst Ivy was Yale with 17.8 topg.
Lowest topg was 11.3. Lowest topg for an Ivey team was Columbia with 13.8 topg.
No Ivy league teams were in bottom 25 for NET.

I'm pretty sure I've never had any team in any association I've run (and I've run quite a few) average 30 topg.
Maybe some in very low 20's...not sure though.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:06 am

Re manually selecting teams (setting up the brackets) for the post-season tournaments...I don't believe that can be done within an association's season.

Of course, if you want to set up a tournament yourself, you can do that with Tournament Maker. You could analyze teams, standings, polls and NET within your association and then create the whole tournament yourself as a one-person selection committee and use the same association for the set up of Tournament Maker and then play out the entire tournament. But the results won't be part of your association's history....it would be a separate stand-alone fun thing to do.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby grahoben » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:14 am

Gotcha, thanks. I was messing around in the tournament maker, that would be awesome if it could be incorporated into an association. It's normally not a big deal, I just don't like when the tournament generates a matchup between two teams in the same conference. Sometimes I feel like it's also a little more kind to mid majors than in real life, but I guess that's not a bad thing :)
grahoben

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:13 am

Would be nice but not possible to incorporate Tournament Maker results into your association's history (at least for now).

But yeah, give Tournament Maker a try (even if not for your association's NCAA Tourney. I have enjoyed setting up and running quite a few different tournaments with Tournament Maker (can be 16, 32 or 64 team tournaments).
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion