Suggestion for College Basketball 2022 / Challenge Mode Lock

Suggestion for College Basketball 2022 / Challenge Mode Lock

Postby sin44 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:31 am

Really loving this years game!

One thing that would be awesome, would be to add a locked mode, where you can only change the names of recruits and players, but not the attributes.

I understand customization is important, but this would help limit the temptation of CHEATING.

I think "Challenge Mode" with the option of locking Commissioner controls would be a great addition.
sin44

Re: Suggestion for College Basketball 2022 / Challenge Mode

Postby Gary Gorski » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:10 pm

Thanks, will consider that for next years version!
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby mh2365 » Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:20 pm

how do you change the attributes? I went into commissioner mode and still didn't see how to change attributes
mh2365

Postby sin44 » Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:41 pm

Thanks so much for considering that feedback Gary! Much appreciated.

MH - go to commissioner, then click edit players/recruits, find your school and then the player you want to edit.
sin44

Postby ezcar » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:32 am

Have assistant coaches suggest in game decisions:

During a time out. an assistant coach can comment saying things like:

I think double teaming their sg will help us he's killing us
I feel running an offense isolating our sf on their sf would help. Its a big mismatch
We should run flex we have scored 75% of the time we run it
We should take a look at our 6th man. He's a great 3 point threat That might open up our inside a bit.

Why I think this would work so well with this game. If you find a coach giving bad suggestions. When time comes demoting, firing or hiring someone else is now more understandable. Giving raises makes even more sense why you should offer someone a lot more money. It's obvious if recruiting is going well you give more money to recruiting coach and if scouting well the scouter... This is even more immersive.

Coaching cards could have. Good, great, or poor with assisting in game decisions (as a recommendation from his previous HC)
Recruiting coach card could say: responsible for 5 top 20 recruits while at Central Florida, 3 at Wake forest( that may also work in with the pipeline feature)

I thought a spot for the coaching assist would be in the area of time out options in the 2021 sub screen.

even multiple assistants can give suggestions. Which if you didn't take theirs often they may want to move on. Or if you chose others over theirs they may get upset if they were a higher assistant. If lower assistant gives more or better suggestions you would want to promote him over the other and etc.

I hope it makes sense. I know I said this last year. I thought it might help if I explained what I was thinking
ezcar

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:55 am

It is something I gave consideration to but did not feel I could do a good job with in this year's version with all of the other changes that were put in. I don't ever like to just throw something in. I think the idea of getting assistant feedback or suggestions is a good one and I want it to be implemented right so its something I will keep on the list for next year.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby sin44 » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:50 pm

Another easy addition to add is to allow a coach to encourage a player via text or phone call.

The options have always been on the negative or corrective side for player contact. If a player has a great game, I want to be able to encourage him and give him a morale boost. I think introducing positive options during text or phone calls would add another dimension to player contact.
sin44

Postby Gary Gorski » Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:10 pm

That is another feature that received consideration but it is something I also have to appropriately balance so that it is not a crutch or an override to the system where it allows you to constantly negate negative attitudes and therefore sort of nerf that concept in the game.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion