Question about Athleticism

Question about Athleticism

Postby RockossmosD » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:44 pm

So in my recent Streams When I watch the 2D games I see my players getting fatigues much faster than the opposition. Is that because of the Athleticism attribute?
Is athleticism: Speed, Agility, vertical, and Stamina all combined or are some or all of those stats hidden and independent which will mean Athleticism is something else?
My players getting gassed so quickly i just dont see how I can support 30+ mins like the other schools which I see them(perception will do more research) play 34 and still be in light green fatigue.
RockossmosD

Re: Question about Athleticism

Postby PointGuard » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:09 pm

I haven't noticed my team getting fatigued faster than the AI. I typically see the AI not sub until a player is deep into the yellow and sometimes already red.

When we used to have a numerical representation rather than a color representation relating to player fatigue, I'd typically sub players out when they were somewhere in the 80's (even though the AI tended to leave its players in until they were their numerical fatigue rating was much lower). Now with the color bar, I generally keep my players in well into the yellow zone (and occasionally all the way to the red). I'm typically able to get my starters 25-30 minutes of playing time if I want them in that long and they don't get into foul trouble. Actually I think I could get them into the low 30's if I really wanted that.

Yes, those with low Athleticism ratings will fatigue quicker. I don't know how Gary makes that sausage though. :rolleyes:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:42 pm

There is a hidden Endurance rating and your players are most likely rated low there. A couple of things would be to play at a slower pace, don't play full court or real high defensive intensity will help your players stay on the court longer. Also try playing some zone defense will help as it takes less energy. If they are freshman could be some of it too. Of course if you play against a team that plays fast and presses you will still have issues will fatigue. I would try to work some zone on them just to keep my best players on the court. Also use your time outs to get players rest when you need to. Athleticism is some of what you said and I look at high ratings there as guys that can get open to get their own shot, can press and fast breaks.
NCAAhoops

Postby RockossmosD » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:01 am

PointGuard wrote:I haven't noticed my team getting fatigued faster than the AI. I typically see the AI not sub until a player is deep into the yellow and sometimes already red.

When we used to have a numerical representation rather than a color representation relating to player fatigue, I'd typically sub players out when they were somewhere in the 80's (even though the AI tended to leave its players in until they were their numerical fatigue rating was much lower). Now with the color bar, I generally keep my players in well into the yellow zone (and occasionally all the way to the red). I'm typically able to get my starters 25-30 minutes of playing time if I want them in that long and they don't get into foul trouble. Actually I think I could get them into the low 30's if I really wanted that.

Yes, those with low Athleticism ratings will fatigue quicker. I don't know how Gary makes that sausage though. :rolleyes:

Thanks very help full insight we shall find out what is in there one day lol
RockossmosD

Postby RockossmosD » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:03 am

NCAAhoops wrote:There is a hidden Endurance rating and your players are most likely rated low there. A couple of things would be to play at a slower pace, don't play full court or real high defensive intensity will help your players stay on the court longer. Also try playing some zone defense will help as it takes less energy. If they are freshman could be some of it too. Of course if you play against a team that plays fast and presses you will still have issues will fatigue. I would try to work some zone on them just to keep my best players on the court. Also use your time outs to get players rest when you need to. Athleticism is some of what you said and I look at high ratings there as guys that can get open to get their own shot, can press and fast breaks.

definitely made a change in pace and intensity I have genuine dislike for zone so im not touching that as a strategy instead I have to recruit for my system, but have made some adjustment based on your recommendations and improvements have been seen! Thank you.
RockossmosD

Postby beauforsure » Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:31 am

yea the only problem i can see with changing your startegy is your players have no clue how to play it. id say it prob needs to be tweaked some ... if your having to switch your entire gameplan just to compliment fatigues losses , thats not ideal. and could ruin your entire experience .
beauforsure

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion