2D gameplay

2D gameplay

Postby RockossmosD » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:12 pm

I see there aren't many individuals who focus on 2D gameplay (assumption) as most seem to focus on recruiting then sim the rest. I predominantly focus on team micro management want to engage in some information sharing hehe!
RockossmosD

Re: 2D gameplay

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:46 pm

I play everyone of my teams games 2D. I like to coach my team during the game is my favorite part of this game.
NCAAhoops

Postby jfsolo23 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:05 pm

Yeah, I play all my games out in 2D too.
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:30 pm

With almost all of my associations, I play out all my games in 2D. No better way to get to know your players and what they can do.

Am I better than the AI, I think so, but who knows! :D
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby RockossmosD » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:34 pm

how many offenses do you guys normally employ when dealing with a low prestige low skilled school? im currently playing 50% princeton and 50% triangle should I focus mainly on one as strategy?
RockossmosD

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:42 pm

I normally employ 3 different offenses, but 2 is good also.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:02 pm

Lower school I see what 3 offenses the game starts me with and choose the two highest run and drop the third and divide up the usage and practice to those two. I leave the zone offense as they are to start. I do not make major changes right out of the gate as the players will come in with experience in those sets and I don't feel they are good enough to run an offense set they have no experience in and most likely they are not good enough to have 100% freedom to get their own shots. If I want to run an offense they have no experience in then I set some practice time to it and get them higher there before I use it usually by January or February depending how well I'm doing. Doing good I delay, doing poorly I bump up practice time on it and start using it earlier. I have had some really poor teams that I set one offense to 80% and the other to 20% just to get them better at a set play and hope for the best but always have at least two offenses so if one does not work maybe the other will.
Mid range teams I rune 3 sets.
NCAAhoops

Postby jfsolo23 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:20 pm

Heavy focus on two sets, with a third as a change up.
jfsolo23

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion