Addressing player performance

Addressing player performance

Postby RockossmosD » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:09 pm

I have a player that continues to shoot us out of games and they only thing I can do is talk about how to modify his tendencies via "lets talk about your game" text.Is there a possibility that in the future we can talk about his overall performance in the text the player function. I think that just addressing the Playstyle is too neutral! I need to tell my players "hey you played pretty bad today" after 4-15 FG display to see how he responds, right now he has the talent but I cant see his mentality to improve because him saying I don't want to change my playstyle doesn't address the part of him actually playing bad in a game or streak of games. 47-155 this season in FG and 17-88 from 3 point land. I have asked him to change his game but he wont. The only thing I can do is bench him as his desire for play time is "expects starter minutes", but that doesn't really help fixing his performance. I'm stuck lol.
RockossmosD

Re: Addressing player performance

Postby PointGuard » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:40 pm

Difficult alright. Yes, you could limit his minutes.

Here's some other things to consider: Do you think that any of the offenses you're using might tend to open other players and/or restrict how often he is getting the ball into his hands? Is he a SG? If so, could you switch him to SF which MAY limit how often he has the ball? How about changing Offensive Options in 2D to inside (if he's a perimeter player) or outside (if he's an interior player)? Might less offensive freedom limit his shooting?

Just some ideas...not sure how they will work.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion