Adjusted ratings vs real ratings

Adjusted ratings vs real ratings

Postby JackBarrow » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:45 pm

Hi all.
I’m new to this game, DDSCB21 is my first Draft Day Sports game and I love it so far.
I just have a question regarding the ratings when setting up a new save.
What is the actual difference between 1-100 adjusted rating vs 1-100 real ratings? I know the difference is written when selecting, But I don’t quite catch the difference. Could someone explain it to me in other words?
I’d like to play the game in the most realistic way in my opinion, meaning that ratings should be higher for payers of high prestige schools versus lower ratings for low prestige schools. I feel like with adjusted ratings, low prestige schools still have players with decent ratings.
So which setting should I prefer: adjusted ratings or real ratings? Or even 1-10?
Thanks !
JackBarrow

Re: Adjusted ratings vs real ratings

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:14 am

1-10 is going to give you the same thing as the 1-100 adjusted scale (just on the 1-10 scale) while the 1-100 real scale is going to show the actual ratings that are being used (well at least the actual ratings with a scouting error mixed in)

The 1-100 adjusted range is going to only change how the ratings are displayed, not what they really are. The guy really might have a 50 in scoring but if that is one of the best scoring ratings in the game then it would display as a 90 or something like that.

No matter how you play the talent generated is never different for higher prestige schools vs lower ones - this is strictly a matter of how you want the information displayed to you as the actual numbers used for the simulation are the same in all three cases. The reason I added the "adjusted" scale is that some people did not like the fact that without it the highest rated player in the association might be a 60 in scoring or something like that (the players are all rated on the same scale as for the pro game so they can seamlessly move from one game to another so if you had a 100 scoring level player it would literally be like dropping an NBA MVP in the league). This way with the adjusted scale you would "see" players with 90s for ratings and they can easily register that the player is one of the highest rated in that category in the game.
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion