Important College Mod Update! Please Read

Important College Mod Update! Please Read

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:03 pm

It was found by a couple of users that I want to thank, mynameisasport and rmoons24 that Ivy League teams offensive stats were, well offensive. Lots of turnovers, low scoring and on and on. Thanks guys for catching this.
Turns out also MD Eastern Shore and Bethune-Cookman had the same issues due to all of these teams canceled their entire season and had no stats and that is how I develop some of these ratings.
Only 21.0.08 version using imports 02 or 04 with real coaches have the issue the others without real coaches imports 00, 01, and 03 do not have the problem. Go to the mods section and download 21.0.10 either the update or if you use Steam use the full Steam version to update. All posted mods now include this fix and are the same other than how they install. Even if you are using an older version of the mod I recommend you update.
The next post below this will list how to fix an existing saved association if you prefer to keep it going. But still get the update so your next startup will be fixed.

Fixes to 21.0.10
1. Issue with all Ivy League plus Bethune-Cookman and Maryland Eastern Shore teams exhibiting poor stats when using "Real Coaches" import due to Offensive Focus rating not being set properly in the mod.
2. Changed Bellarmine Arena to Freedom Hall and correct capacity. Left court floor at Knights Hall in game as Freedom Hall is generic court without any Bellarmine logo's.
3. Added more assistant coaches look a like faces and real ratings including all assistants for Missouri Valley and Western Athletic Conferences completed.
4. Coaches fired at the end of this year were set to be fired unless they have a good season in the mod.

Sorry guys I missed this mistake and I have error checking in to catch these type issues but for this one rating it did not work and I have now corrected that for the future.

Link to the updates https://www.draftdaysports.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=335&t=33643&sid=e5b0ee5b2bcfe91f6a9a2c1c595b9ae1
Last edited by NCAAhoops on Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 5 times in total.
NCAAhoops

Re: Important College Mod Update! Please Read

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:07 pm

If you wish to fix an ongoing association follow these steps.
1. Load game to fix Ivy League
2. Top right corner under date choose "Commissioner" under your coaches name.
3. On left side of screen just below "Tournaments" Type "Ivy League" into the white box. (should show up to click without typing the whole name)
4. Now 7 lines below that white box click on "Strategy" and the Brown Bears Strategy should pop up.
5. Under the box "Offensive Focus" select the correct listed "Offensive Focus" to the below list for each team. Such as "Balanced"
6. Do this for each of the 8 Ivy League teams
7. Next type Bethune-Cookman and MD Eastern Shore and do the same for each of those two teams for "Offensive Focus"
8. Now you should SAVE your game to keep the changes and log out of Commissioner and you are set to use your fixed association save.

Team - Set Offensive Focus to
Brown - Balanced
Columbia - Balanced
Cornell - Favor Outside
Dartmouth - Favor Outside
Harvard - Balanced
Pennsylvania - Balanced
Princeton - Favor Outside
Yale - Balanced
Bethune-Cookman - Favor Inside
MD Eastern Shore - Balanced
NCAAhoops

Postby jakescott30 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:46 pm

Did you remove the original NCAA mod topic? I was having some trouble with the original mod and went to download your fixed version but it seems as if the post is not even there anymore.
jakescott30

Postby NCAAhoops » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:17 pm

No its still there, should be at the link above. I just clicked it and took me to the mod download page.
NCAAhoops

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:25 pm

I don't like to bump a page but want to be sure everyone updates from 21.0.08 due to Ivy League issue.
Not sure of your version? Run the install again and at first screen it shows version number, or check your instructions in the Import folder as both of these has the current version number, 21.0.08 is the one with the issue.
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion