Conference Size?

Conference Size?

Postby HackDiesel » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:42 am

Hi there, DDS newbie here. Is there any way to customize the size of individual conferences? I was hoping to do a manual promotion/relegation system based on geographic regions (swapping 2-3 teams per rung on the ladder as needed on May 1st every year) with more standardized conference sizes to ensure a bit more "fairness" so to speak... is there any way to do this, or am I S.O.L. on that front? Was admittedly my main inspiration for buying the game so hoping there's a solution..

Thanks!
HackDiesel

Re: Conference Size?

Postby jlemmen43 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:01 pm

You can't change the amount of conferences or teams, but you can change the size of each conference as long as all teams fit and there's a format for that conference size. (Aka it must correlate to a schedule setup). If you don't know how to do that, ask away.

As far as relegation/promotion...I think your best bet is to manually (as Commissioner) swap teams at the beginning of the year. You could take the bottom teams of a conference and swap with best teams of other conferences. But the # in each conference is locked after you begin your league.
jlemmen43

Postby HackDiesel » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:49 pm

Right, not looking to change the amount of conferences or teams, just the size of a few conferences where desired to balance things a bit. Can you give me a rundown on how to do that?
HackDiesel

Postby jakescott30 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:48 pm

I have been wanting to customize conferences for so long, if that is a possibility, that would be awesome!

If you can't I think that would be a great suggestion for next years game.
jakescott30

Postby NCAAhoops » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:21 pm

It can be done but not easily. You would need to manually handle number of teams, correct schedules and tournament types. Easiest way would be use one of my Mod imports and modify it for your start file and modify it.
NCAAhoops

Postby jakescott30 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:09 am

Where are your mod imports located and how would I go about modifying it?
jakescott30

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:29 am

HackDiesel wrote:Right, not looking to change the amount of conferences or teams, just the size of a few conferences where desired to balance things a bit. Can you give me a rundown on how to do that?

Yes I would download NCAA Hoops Real world mod and also SQLite Studio (free). Then make copies of his files, and edit one copy to your liking. I guess I should ask if you've used SQLite yet?
jlemmen43

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:34 pm

Yes as jlemmen43 said. Use one on my imports and make a backup copy. Use SQL editor to make the changes you wish, save. Then when creating a new save on the second screen use "Load File" to load your Import.
NCAAhoops

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion