Landing a different job?

Landing a different job?

Postby 22jjk91 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:22 am

I started as the lowest rung coach and have been at it for 20 seasons and have a reputation of 54. I only apply for HC gigs with a perstige lower then my reputation but cant get a job at top 8 conference to save my life. I have made deep runs in march and cant get still cant get rutgers to look at me. Is anyone else having an issue like this? any suggestions?
22jjk91

Re: Landing a different job?

Postby adamj95 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:14 am

What are your attributes set to? If your academic attribute is set to low, you more than likely won't get a job at a P5 school.
adamj95

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:10 pm

22jjk91 wrote:I started as the lowest rung coach and have been at it for 20 seasons and have a reputation of 54. I only apply for HC gigs with a perstige lower then my reputation but cant get a job at top 8 conference to save my life. I have made deep runs in march and cant get still cant get rutgers to look at me. Is anyone else having an issue like this? any suggestions?

22jjk91's comment is on point. But assuming your academics attribute isn't really low:

At the end of each season, you're applying for one of the HC jobs that is shown as available to you and then you're not getting that job?

I assume Rutgers prestige is somewhere near 45 or 50? And that job has been available on the list and you've applied for it and not gotten it?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby 22jjk91 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:46 pm

My academics is set to low. Is this the reason? Its not very low but I didn't have trouble like this on last years game. Rutgers is around a40 prestige and as is available at the end of the year but when I apply I don't get it. Thanks for your help guys!
22jjk91

Postby PointGuard » Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:51 pm

Rutgers academic rating is a B+ so that possibly could be the reason.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:17 pm

I would suggest the academics is the case - schools that are highly rated in academics do not want a coach in the game that places a low value on academics
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby TripLykely » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:39 am

Would you need to be above average in academics or does average suffice?
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Postby Gary Gorski » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:46 pm

I don't know what the threshold is for their school but I would definitely go high on the academics to ensure you have the school choice you want
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion