player happiness

player happiness

Postby kujerry » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:02 pm

is there anyway to improve player happiness, I have a player I recruited he was a stud, Freshman of the year. he is leaving because of his relationship with his team mates, really pisses me off. I'm not a big school either.
kujerry

Re: player happiness

Postby Billdozer » Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:43 pm

What was the personality of your freshman? If he was not friendly or a disruptive force calling him is often counterproductive. You can play your games, pause at all stops, and praise the unhappy player. Or you can call other players who do not have great team relationships. Perhaps, there was an incident report about two players. If there is no incident report Calling a player can be helpful if he is friendlier and has a higher coach relationship.

I have also noticed that if there are two freshman at the same position it is more difficult to maintain coach and team relationships for those players. I agree though, in the future it would be nice to see positive options when calling a player.
Billdozer

Postby Wildcat18 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:24 pm

Billdozer wrote:What was the personality of your freshman? If he was not friendly or a disruptive force calling him is often counterproductive. You can play your games, pause at all stops, and praise the unhappy player. Or you can call other players who do not have great team relationships. Perhaps, there was an incident report about two players. If there is no incident report Calling a player can be helpful if he is friendlier and has a higher coach relationship.

I have also noticed that if there are two freshman at the same position it is more difficult to maintain coach and team relationships for those players. I agree though, in the future it would be nice to see positive options when calling a player.

It annoys me sometimes that the 2 freshman listed at the same position can’t realize that they’re playing 2 different positions. In my current game, I recruited 2 4-star SGs in the same class. One is my starting PG, the other my starting SF. Occasionally after losses I hear about complaints from the starting SF about not starting over my starting PG.

On a humorous note, in that save the only player starting in their “listed” position is the starting C. The starting PG and SFs are listed as SG, the starting SG is listed as a PG, and the starting PF is listed as a C
Wildcat18

Postby PointGuard » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:34 pm

But....."who's on first?"
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Billdozer » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:36 pm

Yes, Also, sometimes I wish I could call a player and say, "I know you want to start but you will be a 6th man this year and can start next year after the Senior graduates."
I have noticed that it usually goes badly if you call a player with a coach relationship under 40 but the call will be neutral or positive if the coach relationship is above 40.

The game has a lot of transfers but I think this is realistic as the frequency of transfers is increasing in real life.
Billdozer

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:24 pm

I think in real life its probably easier to list the players who aren't entering the transfer portal than those who are now :)
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby schlick7 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:06 pm

It would be pretty nice to have a player tag/role label. Like you can give a player the label of sixth man and have 2 or maybe 3 that you can designate role player. This seems like it would help with some players getting mad about their positions on the team.

I'm thinking being able to talk to and convince(or at least ask) a player to change positions would be helpful as well. I see some unhappiness just because you run with 2 PG's or whatever
schlick7

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion