Going from 0 rated coach

Re: Going from 0 rated coach

Postby TripLykely » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:17 pm

For anyone curious I gave this a go with UC San Diego on brutal everything w/200% injury. It’s been a grind but as I’m about to play my 24th season the Tritons have joined Gonzaga in the West Coast Conference, made 4 Sweet 16s, 2 final 4s, and a blowout loss to Virginia in the National Championship.

The first decade is rough recruiting but you can win with a simple and consistent offense and defense. Winning makes recruiting easier and after a decade the coach has ok ratings. It was around year 18 or so we moved conferences and that made a big difference as conference prestige more than doubled. The NC appearance was a huge boost to the schools prestige but it’s been tricky maintaining it over 50.

About the only thing my coach isn’t great at by this point is scouting, which for whatever reason is in the 60s.

So if anyone was toying with a max difficulty run, it’s a fun and rewarding grind. No NC yet but the Tritons have gotten mighty close
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion