New recruits coming in as upperclassmen

New recruits coming in as upperclassmen

Postby thedrdrive » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:07 pm

Hi all!

I submitted this as a bug, but perhaps it's just a simple mistake on my part.

I just conducted a successful recruiting campaign last year and thought I had a stellar new freshman on my team - Anthony Hickman.

However, he's being shown as a "Junior" in all my roster screens. He's 19 but is classified as a Junior even though it's his first year. Am I missing something here?

Screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/JumNTJZ

Thanks for any help!
thedrdrive

Re: New recruits coming in as upperclassmen

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:23 pm

You recruited a JC player rather than a HS senior. So he's completed 2 years at the JC and therefore is a junior when he gets to your team.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wildcat18 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:03 pm

PointGuard wrote:You recruited a JC player rather than a HS senior. So he's completed 2 years at the JC and therefore is a junior when he gets to your team.

That’s what it looks like to me as well. If you want to avoid doing this by accident in the future, I’d recommend filtering the recruits to just high school seniors.
Wildcat18

Postby PointGuard » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:20 pm

The recruit's GPA also would tend to indicate it very well could be a JuCo...they always have either a 2.1, 2.3, 2.5 or 2.7 while they're recruits. HS seniors can also have 2.7 but since their GPA's go in all tenths from 1.5 to 4.0, the percentage of HS seniors with 2.7 is rather small.

But be happy...you got a really talented guy coming in who's had enough college experience that he can help you immediately. So it was a good recruiting effort.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby thedrdrive » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:05 am

Yup......that was it! Thank you for the clarification :) perfect resolution to the mystery.

Cheers all
thedrdrive

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion