Nice game, a few questions/suggestions

Nice game, a few questions/suggestions

Postby icikle » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:08 pm

I have been a buyer for many, many years. I really like what Gary has done with the game. The UI is much better and the game is quality.

I was wondering why we do not have the ability to change some things in the game, like for example, player names and images? A simple edit box to change a player name would be great. Click, change, move on. Also, a box to re-generate a player image, like some other games have that are in a similar genre. Click, re-generate image, if happy move on, if not re-generate again.

I noticed that a lot of teams, including the top teams, source players at the start mainly from their state and a few surrounding ones. There needs to be maybe a touch more variety there, especially for the big-prestige schools. More players from all over to start. Just a suggestion.

I like playing the games in 2d, it is the under-valued part of this game I think. I would like to see a touch more in terms of user control on that front. Having the ability to call plays on a more regular basis would be great. Maybe expanding a touch on the offense-type idea that is in the game now. Having 4-5 plays to choose in each set would be great. Or having the ability to force it to a particular player down the court, feature your hot guy, etc. Small things like that would be cool.

Another thing would be useful is maybe some feedback from your assistant during the game. That would make having the right assistant another variable for success. So, you could get info during the game on particular things like who is feeling it, whom should we focus on D, what play/set to run, all of that depending on the quality of your assistant.

Anyhow, I have enjoyed the game quite a bit. Nice work Gary.
icikle

Re: Nice game, a few questions/suggestions

Postby PointGuard » Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:19 pm

Re changing player names/images...you can do that by going to the Commissioner's Office...in the lower right is a section where you can edit players and coaches...can change their names and images and many other things there....if you like the change(s) you've made, be sure to click on Save after completing the edit of any player or coach.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Nice game, a few questions/suggestions

Postby Jacemeister » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:34 pm

I’d also love to see more in-game adjustment things being made. I’d love during all timeouts to set plays up including media timeouts. I’d also love to be able to expand on the motivation menu and have players or the team focus on different things like cutting down on turnovers or other things like that during timeouts. Also during halftime I think there should be more options for how to instruct the players.
Jacemeister

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion