Player Moods / Minutes

Player Moods / Minutes

Postby Timmuh » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:28 pm

Really enjoying this game!

I am having trouble figuring a few things. How many minutes is a player wanting for:
Wants to play
Wants solid minutes
Wants starter minutes

I seem to keep running into red faced players even with good minutes. I realize their personalities likely impact it. Wish I could simply check in on them without checking on attitude or game play changes.
Timmuh

Re: Player Moods / Minutes

Postby Timmuh » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:24 pm

Responding to my own post :)

I started tracking the two sections controlling mood, looking at the percent changes after a month in-game.

Players have a coach relationship and a team relationship.

My guess is that the coach relationship is determined by expected playing time, maybe some other personality factors?

The team relationship maybe grows based on likability, playing time, familiarity with teammates?

Is there another way to build coach relationship? Do I need to suggest more game style changes, like shoot more threes, to build that connection?
Timmuh

Postby TripLykely » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:26 pm

In my limited experience with the franchise I believe you’re correct on coach and team relationships. If I’m not mistaken winning helps team relations as a whole, at least I seem to get fewer if any issues when winning consistently. You may be on yo something with the game style suggestions because I’ve on occasion found players reacting negatively and being presented with a choice to force the change or let it go. I’ve yet to force it fearing damage to the coach relationship but I’m not sure if there is improvement when they respond positively (will need to pay attention, good find if true).
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Postby Timmuh » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:40 pm

I just seem to be doing something wrong.

I have 3 Sophomores playing 20+ mpg. Two wanting solid minutes, the third not caring. We are a 50 prestige program winning 20+ games and making the NCAA tournament.

All 3 show red faces
Timmuh

Postby Wildcat18 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:45 pm

Timmuh wrote:I just seem to be doing something wrong.

I have 3 Sophomores playing 20+ mpg. Two wanting solid minutes, the third not caring. We are a 50 prestige program winning 20+ games and making the NCAA tournament.

All 3 show red faces

The red face could be because of the team relationship, not playing time. I wouldn’t worry too much unless you’re having incidents, as I’ve often had guys who hated all their teammates but stayed all four years.
Wildcat18

Postby Timmuh » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:59 pm

Okay good to know. I’m about 5 years in now. I’ve had some transfers but snuck through a few off seasons having grumpy players.

One thing I like a lot is the challenge of building a roster. I’ve gotten pretty good (at my recruiting difficulty) at pulling in strong recruits...but the challenge now is playing time. I’ve started trying to focus heavily on players who don’t require lots of playing time but it’s not always that easy!

Again really fun game
Timmuh

Postby schlick7 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:06 pm

Players seem to hate having teammates of the same year and position as them. They also don't seem to keen on playing out of position. In my experience a PG that Wants to Play, but has been put at the SG position will rarely be green face mood.
schlick7

Postby TripLykely » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:23 pm

schlick7 wrote:Players seem to hate having teammates of the same year and position as them. They also don't seem to keen on playing out of position. In my experience a PG that Wants to Play, but has been put at the SG position will rarely be green face mood.

This is good info and in reading it seems to match my experience. Do you have an idea on the minutes required for the various dispositions?
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Postby Timmuh » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:01 pm

That is some interesting information. I certainly haven’t been able to consistently track personalities and minutes so teammates at position or playing out of position is a great thought.

Right now I’m a big force to play someone out of position so I’ll keep an eye on him relative to someone else
Timmuh

Postby locus » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:14 pm

In my experience some players just get in a bad mood for no discernable reason... maybe his girlfriend cheated on him or something. These guys have a life outside the basketball court that you don't interact with, maybe that impacts their moods and there's nothing you can do about it (although with illegal recruiting turned on, maybe you should be able to hire girlfriends for them? something to consider for 2022?)
locus

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion