What Impacts Declined "Host Recruit"?

What Impacts Declined "Host Recruit"?

Postby jtisinia12 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:30 pm

I recently started an association with a low-prestige school to see if I could build them up. I'm in season 2 of recruiting and I think maybe 5 of the 30 guys I have on my watch/call list have accepted a visit. Even if the recruit is "Warm", I still can't get them to accept the visit -- and these are in-state 1 star recruits!

What is impacting their decline? Is it the prestige of my school? The recruiting skill of my assistant coach?
jtisinia12

Re: What Impacts Declined "Host Recruit"?

Postby Timmuh » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:56 am

This is a good question. I definitely seem to have a lot more trouble after the first contact period is over.

At the same time, I’ve had some players with no interest come when warm players don’t. Maybe location is a factor? Maybe family wealth...haven’t looked into that.
Timmuh

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:51 am

Hm. I've never had an in state recruit decline a visit. I'm puzzled to hear that you have. Out of state, yes, regularly with a low rated school, and out of region always.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:21 pm

Agree with Wayne that in-state recruits have been accepting my invites...many regional recruits also...and some out-of-region recruits do too...and that was when coaching at a low prestige program and my assistants weren't high-quality.

Have you modded or edited things (other than using the Real World mod)?

My suggestion is if you're seeing a bunch of in-state recruits declining, then save your association, submit its files via a Control Ticket along with identifying the names of specific recruits who are declining so Gary can take a look at what's going on with your association.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion