A few small issues with website generation

A few small issues with website generation

Postby icikle » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:01 am

I like the website feature, being able to generate and browse through it outside the game. I noticed a few bugs there.

The team links from league standing html are showing broken links once clicked on. cannot get to team page from standings.

Also, if I click on team page like roster or schedule, the "Team Navigation" link is disabled, not sure if by design.

It woukd be cool to see player photos on each individual player page also. Right now we see team logos.

It would also be nice to have one starting page with all conferences there or teams or rankings.

Thanks for any help in addressing these issues.
icikle

Re: A few small issues with website generation

Postby Cleasby » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:57 am

If I can add to this too. The numbers of the boxscores also overlap and makes it ineligible to read at times. The main purpose of the html/web pages are for people to access teams and stats data when in the move, which is often via a mobile these days. I would encourage a method that allows for mobile viewing for these pages.
Cleasby

Postby Gary Gorski » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:23 am

Do you have version 9.4 of the game running? I thought I had fixed the issue from the standings page in that one.

The TEAM NAVIGATION is not a link - its just a heading
Gary Gorski
WS Development

Postby icikle » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:44 am

You are correct Gary, yes, it works now with v9.4. I just upgraded to that one and the standings/teams link properly.

It would be nice to have a sheet or two bringing it all together, meaning the ability to jump from one conference to another and then to teams within the website. Maybe a master page showing rankings or something like that. Maybe also the ability to sort stats/ratings for players on the team pages. I think a page like that would also be great for within the game. I would like to see something that ranks conference strength vs. each other or something like that.

Anyhow, great job with the game this year.
icikle

Postby PointGuard » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:46 am

While I understand you're suggesting a variety of things, sorting of stats/ratings for players for teams can be done by clicking on the individual headings. Or did you want something different?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby icikle » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:16 pm

If I open any team's page in a game-generated html website, I cannot sort anything by clicking any of the headings. Not by height, not by weight, not by age, not by GPA, not by overall, then on the player stats page it's the same, cannot sort by any category. They are all displayed but unsortable within the website. You can do it in game but not in the website. The same goes for the ratings page. That's all I meant. I think Gary should be able to fix this, it should be sortable. I am using the latest exe, 9.4.
icikle

Postby PointGuard » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Oh, OK. I thought you were going back to talking about what was within the game, not the HTML.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion