A few suggestions for the game

A few suggestions for the game

Postby icikle » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:09 am

Love the game this year. Just a few small suggestions in terms of what I would like to see added.

The game is really solid in all of its aspects. One thing is missing, though, and that is the "story" that links it all together, that links the college world together. Meaning, a place/character/media/whatever where you can see the league's main stories, game logs, recruiting news, ranking changes, highlights performances, etc. I know there is a place like that in there right now with polls/media and the almanac but I think it is not laid out well enough. It needs to be adjusted/changed. For example, we cannot link to a coach/team/player from a news page. Should be able to do that. "Kentucky and Alabama in a tight match...". Cannot see the box for example on the news screen. There should be checkboxes to filter news stories as well. They are all bunched up together now. And awards section should probably be expanded/laid out so it features players image, maybe top lineup of the week for each conference, etc. Just some ideas.

Rankings are laid out well but what they miss is the ability to see where teams were, say, 4wks ago. So, history is missing. Would like to see how a team progressed through rankings through the season.

I would also ditch the e-mail system. It is clunky and limited in its current form (need to sift to find info unless it has been deleted). I would move all of that info into the "Office" and somehow bring all the other CBB world info together there. Maybe the player/coach can choose in the beginning what kind of a player/coach they are going to be, what info they want to see/subscribe through the season. Then that info is served and featured through the "Office" during the season. Just an idea. All the info is still there and can be found but a more streamlined version based on user parameters and focus is what you mainly see. Football Manager does this really well.

I also run into this website that I really like in terms of how it lays out all this info. It has expanded ranking info (e.g. history, RPI, ELO) and nice visualization of team/conference stuff. You can see "impact" games for each team and the concept of the "Office" is in the form of their "Clubhouse" page. It has a lot of nice "Stats" pages as well that could be added to DDSCB since the game already tracks much of that stuff. Just something to maybe look at in terms of interface and content/stats development going forward.

http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2021/index
icikle

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion