Player images - expanding the number available to use

Player images - expanding the number available to use

Postby icikle » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:37 pm

I like the images that the game uses but I prefer real photos. I replaced all the generic photos with a set of real photos. It seems that regardless of how many player photos we have in there (say 3000 images numbered 0-3000), the game will only use numbers up to those that were with the original setup. Meaning, it will only use 160 black player images, 70 white, and 5 asian. Then what happens is that player faces will repeat throughout different teams whether you have real or generic images. Seems kind of limiting and maybe something that could be easy to adjust.

I would think Gary could maybe try to expand this number relatively easily with an update.

Basically, letting the user put as many images in the folder as they would like and then the game can randomly assign images with a greater number in mind. So, maybe it goes 0-999 for black players, 1000-1999 for white players, and 3000-3499 for asian, 3500-3999 for latino, etc. Maybe it uses 5000-5999 for recruits, I don't know, this is just an idea. That would give the game much more variety and much more longevity. Ideally, the ranges should be wide enough to consider the fact that in the league there are about 5200 players and maybe another 1000 recruits, so 6000-7000 in total maybe.

An idea that I would like to see is a simple interface button to allow for any player's/recruit's face to be regenerated or changed rather than going into the editor. The editor is clunky. If you want to change a recruit's face you have to remember his name or write it down, go into the commish mode, find that recruit by typing his name, and then look to give him another face. You do the same for any other player. It seems a bit convoluted I think.

I have assigned 3000 various images to players around my franchise but I had to do it by hand. It took several days. It was worth it, the game looks fantastic, but it took too much time.

So, if Gary is reading this, two things I would suggest:

* maybe expand a number of usable images if you can with an update into a new suggested range or some other range
* look to create an easier way with the interface to assign face to players/recruits
icikle

Re: Player images - expanding the number available to use

Postby chubspeterson » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:05 pm

I know this is an older topic but just bumping for visibility. Letting the user have more customization in this regard would be helpful. The faces at this point seem a little outdated, I find there are only a handful of faces I can tolerate on my players.
chubspeterson

Postby frespbomber » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:56 am

How to get the photo pack? can i get it pls
frespbomber

Postby omarade2 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:55 pm

That would be really nice.
omarade2

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion