Player Interaction

Player Interaction

Postby blazertaz13 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 pm

I just receive a message from a player talking about our relationship. His comment is about not being happy with me and the coaching staff and he wants to talk. What can I do? I don't really see an option about talking to other than his attitude. Any suggestions?
blazertaz13

Re: Player Interaction

Postby TripLykely » Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:44 pm

When players have a problem with you/coaches it’s because of playing time. Check their card and I’m sure you’ll see they expect minutes of some kind. If you want them to stick around give them more playing time to match what they want or they’ll likely transfer.
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Postby PointGuard » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:27 pm

I'd call to talk about his attitude and use the first option. Even though it says something about having problems with the guys, there isn't a comment about having a problem with the coaches, so use it...then see if there is a relationship change (you might be lucky and it will say there is some improvement...its a craps shoot of course).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby blazertaz13 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:20 am

We have not started our first season yet as this showed up the week before the first game. So I don't believe it has to do with playing time. So that is why I was curious.
blazertaz13

Postby Timmuh » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:20 am

I do think it would be cool if the player/coach interactions could be expanded on.

That leads into the off season too where I think it would be great to have the ability to focus a players training, maybe their workout plan to bulk up or work on agility. Maybe that’s where a players work ethic could play more into it?

I could see this being easily abuse to completely shape a roster but if the adjustments are usually minimal...
Timmuh

Postby TripLykely » Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:21 am

blazertaz13 wrote:We have not started our first season yet as this showed up the week before the first game. So I don't believe it has to do with playing time. So that is why I was curious.

Coach relationships are related to playing time or your interactions. Since you haven’t played a game my guess is he isn’t in the starting lineup in the depth chart. I’ve had guys like this, he expects starters minutes (check his card). Of course if you’ve been texting him a lot getting bad reactions that could be it
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Postby PointGuard » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:29 pm

Since your team hasn't even begun playing games yet, just give it some time. Some players have low to medium relationships with the team and/or coach and then it begins to improve as the season progresses and they get to know the team/coach.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion