Assistants

Assistants

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:30 pm

I've been here 14 years, as of March 2, and never thought to ask this:

My Recruiter is always my #1, my Scout #2, and my Bench/Practice coach #3 assistant.

How do other people do it? It might make sense to have the Bench/Practice guy at #1, I suppose, but I worry that I'd lose too much making the Recruiter #2 and the Scout #3. So wadda ya think?
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Re: Assistants

Postby Timmuh » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:14 pm

I know I’ve heard people talk about having their recruiter first. I’ve been having my practice coach first if I can find a good player development coach to fill that role.

Do we know how much reputation impacts recruiting or scouting or development of at all?
Timmuh

Postby PointGuard » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:36 pm

I don't get too hung up on who is #1, 2 or 3. Generally I guess either player dev or recr is #1...usually my scouting asst isn't as highly rated as one or both of the others.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby NCAAhoops » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:43 pm

I think for me it comes down to money to hire. I have had my Recruiter be the 2nd and my 1st be a Scout. But that happened when I had to hire assistants and just became how the money and assistants fell when I hired them. But I agree 98% of the time my recruiter is the 1st assistant because he's the one that cost me more to hire. I have no idea if the 1st - 3rd assistant position has any effect on how much influence they have on the game.
NCAAhoops

Postby TripLykely » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:24 am

Typically recruiting, development, scouting; but it varies sometimes due to retirement/job changes and availability.
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion