Future Version Suggestion: Exportable .CSV Tables

Future Version Suggestion: Exportable .CSV Tables

Postby TripLykely » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:02 pm

This suggestion is made having no idea what it would take to implement and doesn't directly impact the game; rather its a way to increase the depth of user generated DDSCB universes by making its data more accessible. Certainly this isn't something that would be added as a patch, and maybe it doesn't make sense at all with the code foundation in place, but I'd personally love exportable tables.

One thing I enjoy doing with simulation games is playing around with the statistics generated. My recent run winning 7 National Championships had me wondering which of those teams was the best? In a very rudimentary way, limited to what I was willing to enter manually on a spreadsheet, I created a 0-100 league relative rating system using the four factors that also accounts for strength of schedule. Unfortunately it would be too tedious for me to properly put together this rating as I'd currently have to enter every teams info by hand, however making the statistical table displayed an exportable .CSV would change that. I certainly understand not all users do anything like what I'm describing, but given the nature of sports simulation games, I'd guess a decent amount do their own statistical analysis of some kind.

The other key area I see this as being valuable is the recruiting screen. Imagine being able to export your call/watch list to a spreadsheet where you can add camp data or other notes for future use, like the transfer portal. Again this is really just a QOL suggestion as it doesn't directly impact the game however I think it would really add to the immersion.
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion