Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Re: Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:24 am

Great suggestions. PG, are you keeping track again this year?
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:41 pm

Wayne23 wrote:Great suggestions. PG, are you keeping track again this year?

Got 'em
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:11 pm

Hey PG, this is minor, but players don't sit out for 2 months+ with a broken nose. They wear a mask. Maybe add to the list? It just bugs me because it isn't realistic.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:50 pm

Wayne23 wrote:Hey PG, this is minor, but players don't sit out for 2 months+ with a broken nose. They wear a mask. Maybe add to the list? It just bugs me because it isn't realistic.

Yeah, that makes sense. But what do you feel is reasonable? 1-2 weeks out entirely to allow for diagnosis, reduction of swelling, resetting of the nose, fitting of the mask? Then a reduction in effectiveness for a short time (e.g. 80-85% for a week, then 90-95% for another week) due to needing to get used to the mask and not being able to breathe as effectively?
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:56 pm

I like that time frame.
Wayne23

Postby Wildcat18 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:32 pm

I only have 2020, so there's a chance some of these have already been implemented:

1. The ability to offer more scholarships then I actually have free. If I have a need at PG and 1 scholarship open, for example, I'd like the ability to offer 3 PGs, and be able to say "first guy to commit gets the scholarship." It's frustrating when you rate two guys equally, but the guy you didn't offer a scholarship to yet accepts an offer somewhere else while you're still waiting on the first guy.

2. The ability to "talk" to your players when they decide to transfer and see if you can convince them to stay. I've had a few guys leave for more minutes right as they were gaining the starting job, even when their expectation was "desires some minutes" at most.

3. The ability to find out about a recruit's personality more consistently - perhaps when you scout them live, you get a description of their interactions with their players/coaches/refs/fans/etc., that might not necessarily be accurate (people have good and bad days, after all), but at least is something.

4. Different kinds of motion offenses. For example, in addition to the 3-out, 2-in motion that is in the game, perhaps a 4-out, 1-in, for more perimeter-oriented teams.

5. The ability to change defensive intensity by player in games. If my starting PG has picked up 2 fouls, but I need him to run the offense, I'd like to be able to tell him to slack off on D so he can stay in.
Wildcat18

Postby PointGuard » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:34 pm

The level you want for #5 certainly isn't in the game, but to me it seems that MAYBE there is a bit of "backing off" built into the game presently when a player has 4 fouls. I'm not sure, but at times it feels like the player a guy with 4 fouls is guarding gets some easy baskets, particularly on drives to the hoop. Maybe it's just my imagination though.

Anyway, all suggestions have been added to the list.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby 3manweave » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:43 am

Wildcat18 wrote:I only have 2020, so there's a chance some of these have already been implemented:

1. The ability to offer more scholarships then I actually have free. If I have a need at PG and 1 scholarship open, for example, I'd like the ability to offer 3 PGs, and be able to say "first guy to commit gets the scholarship." It's frustrating when you rate two guys equally, but the guy you didn't offer a scholarship to yet accepts an offer somewhere else while you're still waiting on the first guy.

100%

I'll add to this the ability to recruit multiple classes -- it would be nice to keep tabs on the junior class as well as the seniors, even if it's on a limited basis (maybe the top 500-ish prospects?)
3manweave

Postby PointGuard » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:56 pm

3manweave wrote:the ability to recruit multiple classes -- it would be nice to keep tabs on the junior class as well as the seniors, even if it's on a limited basis (maybe the top 500-ish prospects?)

While I understand the desire for this (and how it reflects reality t a greater extent), for me it's just going to make recruiting more time intensive (and I'm one that really likes the recruiting aspects of DDSCB)...and I have doubts about how much more interesting and fun it makes the game. But even though I just wanted to IGNORE this suggestion ( :rolleyes: ), I reluctantly added it to the list. It's been requested in the past...and not added...probably because of how much more involved it makes the programming for recruiting for not only the human but the AI teams. But it's not up to me, it's up to Gary to determine if this is something that can/should be added.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Jake8005 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:48 pm

I would like the ability to see or at least scout what other positions a recruit can play. For example, if I am recruiting a 6'8 PF, am I recruiting a combo forward that could also play SF, or are they more of a PF/C? Also, some SF's have some PG versatility and vice versa. Obviously scouting their attributes sometimes can tell you this, but it would be nice to know what flexibility you have when planning out your future teams.
Jake8005

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion