Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Re: Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Postby PointGuard » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:55 pm

Added the above from 23zone and Wayne's issue about when simming the AI playing a guy that you've changed his minutes in the depth chart to 0.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby jfsolo23 » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:42 pm

I forget something very important(IMO of course)- Raise back up to at least 3 or 4 times what it is now the number of players who leave early for the draft, it's been way too low the last two versions of the game.
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:51 am

added
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby 23Zone » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:55 am

Just a comment about the players leaving early for the draft. Can we make that a setting maybe?

I like the number of players leaving as it is now. There are just enough that leave to turnover the rosters a bit but not enough to make it disruptive. I looked it up on the internet and I found that 175 left early in 2019 and 163 in 2020... so I don't know the games numbers exactly but that does seem more than you usually see in the game. The other thing to remember is those real life numbers are not all after their first year... there could be players staying 2 or 3 years in college and leaving early. If we increase the numbers leaving it would be important to match that real life situation in the game as well.

Actually what I would like to see is if we can set the number of years a player has to stay in college before he goes to the pros. I know there is no precedent for this other than the current 1 year but I like the leave early option just not after 1 year. The reason I bring this up is I dont think the game does a good job with programs like Kentucky and Duke that have so many of those leaving after 1 year that is disrupts those schools after a few seasons. If you play an association that lasts many years those schools tend to drop off a ton because they end up with a bunch of walk-ons filling their rosters due to the too constant roster turnover. They start making a lot of mistakes in recruiting by picking players with low grade point averages and ones who get injured easily just because they are highly rated... then the spiral down begins. Just my 2 cents....
23Zone

Postby PointGuard » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:55 pm

Those are good points, 23zone. I'll incorporate your thoughts into the list.

FYI: I just had a sophomore declare for the draft in my CB2021 association so its not just freshmen who declare early...but I understand your points.

I think the point about the AI not being able to handle the recruiting properly for schools with a lot of early declarers is an issue that Gary needs to look at...but it's probably a difficult one to adequately fix. I'm learning that its a good idea to keep a little recruiting $$ until March/April and to keep courting a few recruits in the event a player declares early. Because a scholarship then opens in March...and you then have the money and the interest level in a couple recruits and have a good chance of filling the scholarship with a decent recruit. But...I imagine the AI doesn't think in those terms...and if the AI then doesn't pick up a decent transfer player to fill the scholarship, it probably then adds an extra walkon...if it does that for a few years (and doesn't cut the extra walkons), the team has a bunch of walkons on its roster.

The AI does do a pretty good job of landing one or two 5-star recruits for the high prestige schools...but of course, those are the guys most likely to declare early. The AI isn't as aggressive as it should be in going after lesser recruits....even when you run the association with "Brutal" recruiting level for the human.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:34 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again! Let the AI contact Gary on his own if he thinks he needs help!
Wayne23

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:40 pm

In recruiting, if you click on something that brings up a green message, then go to a player card. The green message covers the X and it is necessary to wait until it fades away before you can exit. Minor, but annoying as hell.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:08 pm

LOL Wayne, you're FAR too impatient. That green message just lasts a few seconds. And if you don't immediately go to the player card, it's already gone when you get there. (I had to try creating it a few times to even figure out what you were talking about). I think this is one best handled if it is still the same in the testing phase for CB22...when YOU can carp about it to Gary. :p

Who knows, maybe it will be an easy fix for him to just move it down the screen a bit.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:55 pm

Humph!
Wayne23

Postby Orsalak » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:18 pm

I'm sure it's been mentioned but I didn't see it listed anywhere. The transfer rules changed so that should be changed in the new version.
Orsalak

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion