Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Re: Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Postby Wayne23 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:19 pm

I think this has been mentioned, but more things to work on with a player: Improve your D. Learn not to foul so much...

Also, how about an injury list in the Scouting Report. That would be a great addition, IMO.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:32 pm

Wayne23 wrote:I think this has been mentioned, but more things to work on with a player: Improve your D. Learn not to foul so much...Yes this is already on the list but added the specific work areas you mentioned.

Also, how about an injury list in the Scouting Report. That would be a great addition, IMO...If you click on the GAME PREVIEW icon in the DAILY SCHEDULE, it provides an Injury Report for both teams that is up-to-date on game day. If it were also in the Scouting Report the info would be a week or more old by the time you played the game since the Scouting Reports are provided that much in advance.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:34 pm

Because of my broken computer I'm playing 2020 right now. Can't find Game Preview or anything that tells about injured players.
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:43 pm

Yeah, that was added with CB2021. When your comp gets fixed and you get back to CB2021 you'll have it.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:32 am

I'm going to list a few things here that I think are cleanup activites.. but hoping for Gary to communicate with his featured DDSCB league and us directly for a list of our findings..

#1 - The copy language is weird on the email texts for revealing their recruiting interest. It says 'let us tell you about our school' as a button option. I think everyone who plays the game realizes there aren't really recruiting pts gained here from experiences with calling players. This has no push, only pull technical configuration. The language should reflect not seeming like an invisit pitch when texting for their interests.

#2 - Transfers to get a bit more of a recruiting boost. There is a one pitch deal, would be nice to have some complexity in pitch types or formats to expand on this. Transfers as we all know are going to be a bigger deal if they are annual. Also more features to try to retain people to stay or go if they are disgruntled.

#3 - Ability to edit more labels... the names of the awards. The Norton is likely the Naismith .. this would be nice to change. Also the trophies for each invitational tournament if possible. The name of semi finals to be changed to Final fours etc.. quarterfinals .. sweet 16 etc .. these labels show up in the team history & coach history

#4 - There is one day you can see the indy camp recruiting preview even before the watchlist and call lists are in play. Not sure the implications but I think possibly shadowing that for another day when it all begins doesn't create a day that multi player can all get a brief headstart. If it's by design .. fine.. but it's a bit weird that you can't see any lists but this information is being shared during reports day or something..

#5 - Recruiting evolution.. .. add even more complexity for parents to have more influence (virtually never makes a difference).. alma mater ... boost those to create more volatility .. maybe also ways of finding alma mater players if it makes a huge difference to their ability to hear things out from that school

#6 I have several suggestions for this or universe mode but really it should be easier to move a coach from one school to another.. also ways of building conferences that aren't swaps? I know this is complicated based on 1:1 and scheduling logic.. but to throw it in there.. also any options to keep a league going well beyond the life expectancy of the coach, human age.. maybe it offers to turn the coach into their son ? and rinse and repeat from 30 y/o or something

#7 Effect of endurance ... I'm going to repeat this here but the potency of the 1-2-1-1 press and it's effect on historic almanac steals per game .. it can generate imbalances in our numbers .. it seems teams can run this full throttle without any degradation of their players getting burnt out fast. Abilities to train against certain press? Or to deep dive into this.. We have so much data on this press and it's impact.

#8 Steals numbers ... Also to add to the point above, steals numbers in the almanac beat every record when using the above press .. also there are a lot of centers that are in the top 20 in steals every year.. is this the way the game distributes the deadball turnovers or dumps into the post? Perhaps it needs to be more tips to other players.. centers aren't normally this high...

#9 Fouls in certain games.. some games have a significant amount of foul calls.. I think the league seems to think these games are odd where certain players are getting towards and above 15 free throws in the game.. anything to look deeper at the fouling logic and it's frequency for averages and within certain games for number of calls.. also watching some 2d games in our league, we've seen a player fouled beyond the 3pt line, three times in succession .. frequency of fouls behind the arc in the same investigation

That's it for now, I have endless ideas and some I'd like to save for a conversation with Gary directly.. cheers, what a great game it is
Chris

Postby PointGuard » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:05 pm

Chris wrote:I'm going to list a few things here that I think are cleanup activites.. but hoping for Gary to communicate with his featured DDSCB league and us directly for a list of our findings..

#1 - The copy language is weird on the email texts for revealing their recruiting interest. It says 'let us tell you about our school' as a button option. I think everyone who plays the game realizes there aren't really recruiting pts gained here from experiences with calling players. This has no push, only pull technical configuration. The language should reflect not seeming like an invisit pitch when texting for their interests. Added

#2 - Transfers to get a bit more of a recruiting boost. There is a one pitch deal, would be nice to have some complexity in pitch types or formats to expand on this. Transfers as we all know are going to be a bigger deal if they are annual. Also more features to try to retain people to stay or go if they are disgruntled. Added

#3 - Ability to edit more labels... the names of the awards. The Norton is likely the Naismith .. this would be nice to change. Also the trophies for each invitational tournament if possible. The name of semi finals to be changed to Final fours etc.. quarterfinals .. sweet 16 etc .. these labels show up in the team history & coach history Added

#4 - There is one day you can see the indy camp recruiting preview even before the watchlist and call lists are in play. Not sure the implications but I think possibly shadowing that for another day when it all begins doesn't create a day that multi player can all get a brief headstart. If it's by design .. fine.. but it's a bit weird that you can't see any lists but this information is being shared during reports day or something..Added

#5 - Recruiting evolution.. .. add even more complexity for parents to have more influence (virtually never makes a difference).. alma mater ... boost those to create more volatility .. maybe also ways of finding alma mater players if it makes a huge difference to their ability to hear things out from that school Added

#6 I have several suggestions for this or universe mode but really it should be easier to move a coach from one school to another.. also ways of building conferences that aren't swaps? I know this is complicated based on 1:1 and scheduling logic.. but to throw it in there.. also any options to keep a league going well beyond the life expectancy of the coach, human age.. maybe it offers to turn the coach into their son ? and rinse and repeat from 30 y/o or something Added

#7 Effect of endurance ... I'm going to repeat this here but the potency of the 1-2-1-1 press and it's effect on historic almanac steals per game .. it can generate imbalances in our numbers .. it seems teams can run this full throttle without any degradation of their players getting burnt out fast. Abilities to train against certain press? Or to deep dive into this.. We have so much data on this press and it's impact. Added

#8 Steals numbers ... Also to add to the point above, cccc .. also there are a lot of centers that are in the top 20 in steals every year.. is this the way the game distributes the deadball turnovers or dumps into the post? Perhaps it needs to be more tips to other players.. centers aren't normally this high... Center issue already on suggestions list, but added 1-2-1-1 steals issue

#9 Fouls in certain games.. some games have a significant amount of foul calls.. I think the league seems to think these games are odd where certain players are getting towards and above 15 free throws in the game.. anything to look deeper at the fouling logic and it's frequency for averages and within certain games for number of calls.. also watching some 2d games in our league, we've seen a player fouled beyond the 3pt line, three times in succession .. frequency of fouls behind the arc in the same investigation Added

That's it for now, I have endless ideas and some I'd like to save for a conversation with Gary directly.. cheers, what a great game it is
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Chris » Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:12 pm

PointGuard wrote:
Chris wrote:I'm going to list a few things here that I think are cleanup activites.. but hoping for Gary to communicate with his featured DDSCB league and us directly for a list of our findings..

#1 - The copy language is weird on the email texts for revealing their recruiting interest. It says 'let us tell you about our school' as a button option. I think everyone who plays the game realizes there aren't really recruiting pts gained here from experiences with calling players. This has no push, only pull technical configuration. The language should reflect not seeming like an invisit pitch when texting for their interests. Added

#2 - Transfers to get a bit more of a recruiting boost. There is a one pitch deal, would be nice to have some complexity in pitch types or formats to expand on this. Transfers as we all know are going to be a bigger deal if they are annual. Also more features to try to retain people to stay or go if they are disgruntled. Added

#3 - Ability to edit more labels... the names of the awards. The Norton is likely the Naismith .. this would be nice to change. Also the trophies for each invitational tournament if possible. The name of semi finals to be changed to Final fours etc.. quarterfinals .. elite 8 etc .. these labels show up in the team history & coach history Added

#4 - There is one day you can see the indy camp recruiting preview even before the watchlist and call lists are in play. Not sure the implications but I think possibly shadowing that for another day when it all begins doesn't create a day that multi player can all get a brief headstart. If it's by design .. fine.. but it's a bit weird that you can't see any lists but this information is being shared during reports day or something..Added

#5 - Recruiting evolution.. .. add even more complexity for parents to have more influence (virtually never makes a difference).. alma mater ... boost those to create more volatility .. maybe also ways of finding alma mater players if it makes a huge difference to their ability to hear things out from that school Added

#6 I have several suggestions for this or universe mode but really it should be easier to move a coach from one school to another.. also ways of building conferences that aren't swaps? I know this is complicated based on 1:1 and scheduling logic.. but to throw it in there.. also any options to keep a league going well beyond the life expectancy of the coach, human age.. maybe it offers to turn the coach into their son ? and rinse and repeat from 30 y/o or something Added

#7 Effect of endurance ... I'm going to repeat this here but the potency of the 1-2-1-1 press and it's effect on historic almanac steals per game .. it can generate imbalances in our numbers .. it seems teams can run this full throttle without any degradation of their players getting burnt out fast. Abilities to train against certain press? Or to deep dive into this.. We have so much data on this press and it's impact. Added

#8 Steals numbers ... Also to add to the point above, cccc .. also there are a lot of centers that are in the top 20 in steals every year.. is this the way the game distributes the deadball turnovers or dumps into the post? Perhaps it needs to be more tips to other players.. centers aren't normally this high... Center issue already on suggestions list, but added 1-2-1-1 steals issue

#9 Fouls in certain games.. some games have a significant amount of foul calls.. I think the league seems to think these games are odd where certain players are getting towards and above 15 free throws in the game.. anything to look deeper at the fouling logic and it's frequency for averages and within certain games for number of calls.. also watching some 2d games in our league, we've seen a player fouled beyond the 3pt line, three times in succession .. frequency of fouls behind the arc in the same investigation Added

oops sorry , I was just trying to fix my typo of Quarter finals to Elite 8 .. thanks for doing this!! can't wait for the next version
Chris

Postby jlemmen43 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:00 am

Chris wrote:#3 - Ability to edit more labels... the names of the awards. The Norton is likely the Naismith .. this would be nice to change. Also the trophies for each invitational tournament if possible. The name of semi finals to be changed to Final fours etc.. quarterfinals .. sweet 16 etc .. these labels show up in the team history & coach history

You can replace the tournament trophies/logos, etc in the graphics folder. Just backup the originals and overwrite with your new trophy. I second being able to edit the award names. I enjoy being creative with those in OOTP.
jlemmen43

Postby NCAAhoops » Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:07 am

It would be great if the awards and Tournament names were added to the Default Database. Then they could be modified. That's what make sim games great is being able to make changes to fit your style.
NCAAhoops

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:32 pm

OK, modified the existing suggestion.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion