Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Re: Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Postby Wildcat18 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:39 am

PointGuard wrote:
alternativestats wrote:Not sure why this just occurred to me but the stamina bar sometimes is difficult for me to determine because the color shading doesn't change a lot (color blind). Couple of thoughts for this.

Either have a bar that just continuously decreases instead of changing color

Include the actual stamina level in number form along with the bar

Or make the color changes more blunt.. Say Green, then Yellow, then Red.

The stamina bar presently turns from green to yellow to red as well as shrinks in length as stamina decreases. Since I'm not color blind, when you say "make the color changes more blunt...Green, then Yellow, then Red"...what is it about how it presently displays the present changing coloration that is not working for you? Before I can pass this along I need to more fully understand the difficulty you're having with how the colors presently change. Thanks.

The game used to have numbers that decreased from 100 down..when it was changed at first I didn't like it, but now that I'm used to the colored bar, it works well for me...but let's see how this can be explained so that another change can be possibly developed that works better for everyone,

I’m not colorblind, so I can’t talk about others’ experiences, but red/green colorblindness is the most common type. Maybe there could be a colorblind UI option that uses different colors? I know that’s the route some games go, where there’s a setting that changes all red/green texts to some other color in spots where the color of the text matters.

Don’t know how it would work, but figured I’d at least throw out the little bit of info I do know to see if it helps.
Wildcat18

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:40 am

This needs to be brought to Gary's attention. He doesn't read everything in the forums.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby PointGuard » Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:08 pm

I planned to, Wayne, but am awaiting response from alternativestats on my questions so I can really understand (and explain to Gary)
what exactly alternativestats wants when he said he'd like a green/yellow/red system but is having problems with the existing green/yellow/red system.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby alternativestats » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:45 pm

I do have red-green color blindness, so it's a shading issue for me (bright red and dark green for example should be fine... but light red/green or dark red/green look almost identical unless I can put them next to each other). I did not realize there was a yellow section already in place, probably because I tend to let the game largely play out without controlling the substitutions. At the times I was looking at fatigue (typically the same in game time frame every game) I was missing the yellow section entirely.

So with that in mind I will refine this to suggest either different shading on red/green OR an option to change at least one of the colors to a different option (such as blue).
alternativestats

Postby PointGuard » Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:48 am

Thank you very much for the clarification. Based on what you said in your initial request and your clarification, here's what I wrote for Gary to consider (let me know if it's wrong or needs amendment):

Here's a request/suggestion that came in this past week and is NOT on the suggestions list: For those with color blindness (particularly those with red/green color blindness), the stamina bar sometimes is difficult to determine because the color shading doesn't change a lot for them. Here's a couple suggestions from those with color blindness: (1) have a bar that just continuously decreases instead of changing color; (2) Include the actual stamina level in number form along with the bar; (3) since it's a shading issue, bright red and dark green should be fine (but light red/light green or dark red/dark green look almost identical); (4) change green to blue; or (5) a colorblind option that uses different colors (changes all red/green texts/markers to some other color in spots in the game where color of texts/markers matters).
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby fatfish89 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:20 pm

just a bug to report and I am not sure where else to put it but if you run out of money before selecting your scouting report for the offseason you cannot continue.
fatfish89

Postby PointGuard » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:23 pm

fatfish89 wrote:just a bug to report and I am not sure where else to put it but if you run out of money before selecting your scouting report for the offseason you cannot continue.

Report this to Gary via a Support Ticket.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby fatfish89 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:03 pm

done
fatfish89

Postby adamj95 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:33 pm

A week from tomorrow will be 1 year since first access opened for CB2021. Hoping to see CB22 soon, I am very excited to see all the updates.
adamj95

Postby PointGuard » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:37 pm

Things are progressing, albeit somewhat slowly. So my best GUESS (and it's only a guess) is that it will be a little later than last year. But last year the release was a little earlier than in previous years.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion