Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Postby TripLykely » Mon May 10, 2021 4:44 pm

Thankfully I didn't purchase the steam version of this game or I'd easily know how many hours I've spent playing it ;) In all of that enjoyment there are various areas or aspects I think could be made even better. Obviously the game was recently release and is being worked on and improved as Wolverine wants to make this great game better, however I don't work there and have no idea what's being done. So with no expectation of implementation just a nudge towards generating discussion, here is a video on ways I'd love to see one of my favorite games improved upon in the future - https://youtu.be/-M3ki6KKYng
DDSCB21 Let's Play - Chasing the career milestones of the legendary UCLA coach John Wooden - Chasing Wooden Playlist --> https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIVfxNP1tD6mNwqSbZK-ZtxC5ntyd1uiq
TripLykely

Re: Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Postby coojofresh » Sun May 30, 2021 10:52 am

I really wish that there was a small live game for the simulation. Like a similar model to like Live 95 or something. I would watch the games every time.
coojofresh

Postby locus » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:57 pm

My wishlist would revolve around making 2D mode more realistic. It's pretty good right now, but there are some things that could be improved to make it more like watching a real game of basketball:

-Moving screen fouls and other fouls not on the ball
-Increased frequency of held balls (they can happen but it seems like once a season or so I see them... much more common in real life)
-Players whistled for stepping out of bounds
-Increased impact of height mismatch on shot blocking and rebounding closer to the rim
-Reset the shot clock after a ball goes out of bounds on the defense after a missed shot
-Winning teams running out the clock at the end of the game rather than taking a buzzer beater to run up the score
locus

Postby SirMichaelJordan » Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:09 pm

I would like to see more personality from coaches, specifically recruiting preferences. Example. A coach may prefer outside shooting so in a scenario where two players are equal, the coach in question will prefer the better outside shooter or in another case, the player who is more proficient in a 2-3 zone defense.
SirMichaelJordan

Postby omarade2 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:54 pm

I'd love a deeper training system as well.
omarade2

Postby nuwildcat » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:26 am

My two suggestions are as follows:
1. It would be nice to have stats based on what offense or defense a team is running. For example, how successful was a team running a 2-3 zone defense vs man to man? Or is a team more successful running motion sets or not set offense?

2. While I have asked on this board and been told that players improve over the course of the season, my experience has been that there scouted ratings do not change. This seems unrealistic and I wish the scouted ratings of players would change monthly or every so often. This could happen with recruits as well making things more interesting.
nuwildcat

Postby nuwildcat » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:36 pm

One other request. It would be nice to be able to pull up the box score screen during the game. In particular it would be nice to see the +/- for players during game action.
nuwildcat

Postby Danius » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:14 pm

In each of the last two seasons as HC of West Lafayette (Purdue), I have lost my best returning player to transfers, and in both cases, they transferred to another school in the BigTen. This last season, I lost my reigning BigTen Freshman of the Year and 1st Team All-Conference SG to Michigan St., the best team in the conference. This should not be allowed, as transfers of non-graduate players within the conference can only take place with consent of the head coach of the outgoing program. It would be nice to see this practice either intentionally blocked (by the game script), or the Head Coach should be asked to either consent to or reject the transfer.
Danius

Postby Billdozer » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:27 am

#1. I would like a way to edit how frequently the officials call different types of fouls. I feel like some games there is an extremely high number of free throws.

#2. Related to #1, I do not think the coach relationship should decline if a player failed to receive their desired amount of playing time because of foul trouble.

#3. I just ran into a very minor issue that makes me feel robbed of an accomplishment in my coach bio. I managed to recruit a 4 year starter at Seattle U who was ranked #34. After making it to the sweet 16 in this players Senior year I took the head coaching job at Washington State. The 4 star, 4 year starter ranked #34 went #34 in the draft. However, in my coach bio, it says I have 0 drafted players since I was no longer at Seattle U when he was drafted.

This does not really seem fair since the draft is on June 25th and I recruited and developed him. I think it would be cool if you received credit for a player being drafted if you were their coach for a majority of their games played.

#4. What if you could save and store multiple line-ups in order to have a line-up ready to go in case of suspension or injury.

#5. I think I have a pretty good sense of where shots are taken based on the players position and offensive set. However, I think it would be really cool to see a shot chart for each individual player filtered by position and offensive set plus offensive freedom.

#6. Make improvements for the Athletic Director expectations. This is especially true for promotion/relegation associations. In Standard mode simultaneous goals of make the NIT and win the conference tournament do not make sense. I would like to see a completely different set of expectations for promotion/relegation. Expectations could be like, do not get relegated, top half of conference, and earn promotion.

#7. Ability to choose the setup for the conference schedule. I prefer home/away series in conference play as much as possible.
Last edited by Billdozer on Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billdozer

Postby Jacemeister » Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:14 am

I think the recruiting aspect is really good and the bread and butter of this game. That being said I think the coaching aspect of this game could be expanded quite a bit. For one practices are about more than just the offenses and defenses. What about free throw shooting or working on your turnovers. The other thing is player/team accountability. In player calls all you have anything to say about when it comes to their playing is their shooting. You can’t tell them they need to work on defending better, their free throws, taking care of the ball better etc. Same with the in game too. Also I think we should be able to set up plays during the media timeouts. Also during in game timeouts I’d like to be able to emphasize different things with certain players or the whole team. With this game not having any real graphics it has to shine in stellar gameplay. It has serious potential as being a great coaching simulator.
Jacemeister

Next

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion