Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Re: Way Too Early 2022 Wishlist

Postby jfsolo23 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:49 pm

More early threes in transition off of turnovers, more kick out 3s after offensive rebounds and more drive and kick catch and shoot 3s.

Addition of intangibles in the scouting notes- IQ, Discipline, Drawing fouls, in that vein more players need to be basketball geniuses, i.e. have elite IQ and Discipline ratings 8 or higher.

No walkon players who are rated better than 2 stars in evaluation, yes in basketball a walkon will occasionally break out and show themselves to be starter or star level player, but there shouldn’t be multiple 4 star walkons on the same team who are exponentially better than half of my scholarship players.

More descriptions in play by play log: adding floaters, jumphooks, stepbacks, euros, bankshots, fadeways, crossovers, spin moves. Also adding in whether or not shots are open or contested, text based games need really robust play by play descriptions to enhance immersion and give better sense of why games play out the way they do and to give more differentiation in players in-game in terms of playstyle
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:13 am

Jeez, Wayne...you kicked off a firestorm of suggestions. The list is getting long like it was last year. :eek:
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:12 pm

That's a good thing, PG. Now if we can get Gary to actually implement some of them (No worries, folks. He always includes a few.).
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:36 pm

Wayne23 wrote:That's a good thing, PG. Now if we can get Gary to actually implement some of them (No worries, folks. He always includes a few.).

Ha Ha !! You're not the one putting all these together in a format that hopefully will be something that makes sense to Gary. :D

But yeah, I agree that it's good that people are making their thoughts and desires about DDSCB known. And yes, he always implements some (actually quite a few) of the suggestions.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby alternativestats » Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:47 am

PointGuard wrote:
3manweave wrote:the ability to recruit multiple classes -- it would be nice to keep tabs on the junior class as well as the seniors, even if it's on a limited basis (maybe the top 500-ish prospects?)

While I understand the desire for this (and how it reflects reality t a greater extent), for me it's just going to make recruiting more time intensive (and I'm one that really likes the recruiting aspects of DDSCB)...and I have doubts about how much more interesting and fun it makes the game. But even though I just wanted to IGNORE this suggestion ( :rolleyes: ), I reluctantly added it to the list. It's been requested in the past...and not added...probably because of how much more involved it makes the programming for recruiting for not only the human but the AI teams. But it's not up to me, it's up to Gary to determine if this is something that can/should be added.

I have been one that has pushed this suggestion in the past. One of the idea's that I hope would not be as difficult to program is that for junior class players the recruiting would be limited only to watching video and adding them to your passive call list. This basically would just function as a way to build up their interest in your program instead of starting from scratch their senior year.
alternativestats

Postby PointGuard » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:39 pm

Added that to the HS recruiting suggestion on the list.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby jfsolo23 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:37 pm

Got to add just a few more, sorry.

List the players height in the Starting Lineups splash screen

List the players position in the box score

Players who finish in the top 25 in the Regional and National camps should never be players who ever drop 100 plus spots in the rankings, IMO.
jfsolo23

Postby PointGuard » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:12 am

jfsolo23 wrote:Got to add just a few more, sorry.

List the players height in the Starting Lineups splash screen

List the players position in the box score

Players who finish in the top 25 in the Regional and National camps should never be players who ever drop 100 plus spots in the rankings, IMO.

jfsolo: Before I add these, a few questions for you to help me better understand the reasons for your suggestions:

What does adding the height of the players in that screen really add? Does it help you make game decisions? I mean, do you really pay all that much attention to that splash screen as far as really doing anything related to gameplay? I'm asking this because I review the opponent's team...stats/attributes/stars, etc...before even opening the 2D game. It sounds as though you and possibly others do things differently. And to be honest, adjusting my plan due to an opponent players height isn't really something I do...although again, possibly you and others do??? But again, if I were using height to make adjustments, I would do so during my pre-game review of the opponent, not at the splash screen stage.

What position should be listed in the box score...if a player identified as a SG is used as a PG?; if a player plays multiple positions during a game, e.g. a substitute who plays some at PF, some at C and some at SF during the same game?; a starter at SF ends up playing most of the game at SG?

I guess I haven't been paying close enough attention, but is that kind of a drop still occurring since Gary tightened up the recruit rankings changes in CB2021? If it is, could it be that a particular recruit who was in the top 25 just had a tremendous camp but wasn't that good before or after the camp? Or could it just be camp evaluation error by the entity picking the top 25?
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:43 am

I would like the player listed in the position he is starting in. If he's an SF starting at SG, list him as SG. That would help since the players are not listed properly (SF and PF are in the wrong order).
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:58 pm

Wayne23 wrote:I would like the player listed in the position he is starting in. If he's an SF starting at SG, list him as SG. That would help since the players are not listed properly (SF and PF are in the wrong order).

So..only provide the position of the starters, not the subs?
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

PreviousNext

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion