Am I missing something with morale management?

Re: Am I missing something with morale management?

Postby Billdozer » Mon May 17, 2021 5:06 pm

I feel like if the problem is with teammates calling about attitude helps as long as the coach relationship is good. Obviously a player with a better personality is more likely to react well to a phone call about discipline. Another thing I have noticed is that if you have a really big freshman class it is often more difficult to maintain player relationships.

I think the playing time issue can be very frustrating. I wish the game would not punish you for a player not getting minutes because of foul trouble. Sometimes, I have seen a starter mysteriously benched for no apparent reason when simulating.
Billdozer

Re: Am I missing something with morale management?

Postby Timmuh » Mon May 17, 2021 6:09 pm

I do hope that future versions expand upon the coach/player interaction options.

At the same time, it makes recruiting more challenging since there are times you need to decide if you’re going to take a chance on a kid before you get their personality info.

Large freshman classes are very difficult. It can be beneficial to wait and pull in a transfer the following year instead of grabbing that 4th or 5th recruit. You can take a bigger risk with a sophomore transfer that wants minutes because they start at 100% in team/coach relationships
Timmuh

Previous

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion