Retire current coach but keep the league going?

Retire current coach but keep the league going?

Postby pittfan66 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:38 pm

Hi Everyone, I swear in an earlier version of this game (but it might have been another game of this genre) there was an ability to retire your coach and continue with another coach (or a new coach) in the same league. Is this a possibility with DDSCB 21? I'm still loving the game, but 27 seasons in with this coach and I don't have anything left to prove and that's getting a little dull. However, I love how the world has evolved (ex. I haven't played nor do I have any connection to Murray St., New Mexico St., or Utah State, but I love that they're powerhouses). Ideally, I'd like my current coach to ride off into the sunset and start a new coach at somewhere like, oh, Bellarmine or Corpus Christi. Doable?
pittfan66

Re: Retire current coach but keep the league going?

Postby Chris » Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:00 pm

next stop, multi player .. see https://cbgm.news
Chris

Postby pittfan66 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:55 pm

LOL. I probably should.
pittfan66

Postby pittfan66 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:32 am

Found it! It's only available on April 9 (coaching jobs available day). In a solo league you can go into your office and retire and start with a new coach. I knew it was there somewhere!
pittfan66

Postby PointGuard » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:38 am

Cool! I wasn't aware of that.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby pittfan66 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:26 pm

PointGuard wrote:Cool! I wasn't aware of that.

Ok, that made my day. I found something that PointGuard, one of the most esteemed members of these boards, did not know. I guess I really can retire now. :) :D
pittfan66

Postby PointGuard » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:50 pm

LOL. Not so sure about "esteemed". When I have to talk to my internet provider it's more like "steamed".

Actually I think it's great we have a lot of new DDSCB players who are doing so many different things with the game that are totally out of my "lane".

And I like that so many here on the boards are coming up with ideas and suggestions for the game and solutions to issues that are raised by fellow players. I've been sitting back and letting the newer posters come up with "fixes". I believe we're at a point where the game could expand in many new and exciting ways.
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard

Postby Wayne23 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:06 pm

Just what we all need, PointGuard getting a swelled head!
Wayne23

Postby PointGuard » Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:32 pm

Wayne23 wrote:Just what we all need, PointGuard getting a swelled head!

Don't worry, very cheap, so don't want to buy a new hat.
Dynasty Threads:
PointGuard

Postby Billdozer » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:44 pm

I have retired coaches a few time. I think a few improvements could be made though. When I retired a coach and created a new coach the new coach inherited the recruiting pipelines from my original coach. This does not really make sense.

Also, you have to make sure that a school has hired you before advance past the hiring phase. I applied to Cal and advanced but they had not hired me and I was stuck with nothing. I had to quit without saving and go back to the application phase. I think it would be good to have a warning message saying that you are about to advance through head coach hiring phase and are currently unemployed. However, now I know that I need to see the welcome message from a team before advancing.
Billdozer

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion