Looking for Help on Expansion Idea for Promotion/Relegation

Looking for Help on Expansion Idea for Promotion/Relegation

Postby Danius » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:23 pm

HI all,
I'm new to DDS games (got College Basketball 2020 for dirt cheap on Steam, and liked it so much, I already bought 2021), but I'm in no way a newbie when it comes to sports sim games. I have about 1000 hours in the OOTP series, and over 4000 hours in the Football (Soccer) Manager series. I've done so database modification to Football Manager in the past, and inspired by the English football pyramid somewhat, I'd like to expand on the promotion/relegation feature in this game. My idea combines what already exists with a form of modern NCAA basketball, as such:

Division I would consist of 4 equal but separate conferences, each with 12 teams (comprising in total the top 48 teams in terms of prestige); Div I East, Div I Midwest, Div I South and Div I West. Each team would have a non-conference season as usual, and then conference play would pit them home and away against every other team in their conference (22 conf. games total). At the end of the season, the bottom 2 teams in each section would be relegated.

Division II would be much like Division I, expect of course that the top two teams in each section would be promoted to Division I at the end of the season. This division would include teams 49-96 in terms of prestige. Like Div I, there would be 4 conferences of 12 teams each; again, East, Midwest, South and West. Teams promoted to Division I would follow their region of the US (Div II East teams would be promoted to Division I East). The bottom 2 teams in each conference would be relegated to their regional conference in Division III.

Division III would be the same as idea as Division II (teams 97-144 via prestige), except that the bottom 3 teams in each conference would be relegated to Div IV.

Division IV would follow the same idea (teams 145-192), with 3 promotions and 4 relegations per conference.

Division V gets a little tricky, as there are 8 conferences here; Div V East A, East B, Mideast A, Mideast B, South A, South B, West A and West B. Each conference has 10 teams (teams 193-272 in Div V), so only 18 conference games for each team. Relegations and promotions would be 2 each for each conference, with East A and East B promoting to Div IV East. Teams being relegated into Div V from Div IV will be randomly selected to either Conference A or B in their region.

(Note: In Div V and Div IV, what was the "Midwest" in the top four divisions becomes the "Mideast". This is because the number of teams nearer the Atlantic coast causes the Midwest to stretch to the coastlines of North Carolina, Virginia and Maryland (and rarely go further west than Illinois), so "Mideast" seems a more appropriate name here).

Division VI would be the lowest division (teams 273-352), and be the same as DIv V, minus the relegations, of course.

Anyhow, it would appear that I would need to do a lot more than database editing to get this completed. Does anyone have any ideas on how this might be done, for someone with limited coding knowledge? Is a mod in order in this case?

Thanks, Dan
Danius

Re: Looking for Help on Expansion Idea for Promotion/Relegat

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:47 am

I'm not a techie but if you manage to get this done I'd certainly play it! Sounds like a great idea.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion