What do coach personality traits affect?

What do coach personality traits affect?

Postby lemon07r » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:58 am

I'm surprised that it's not explained anywhere in the game, and I haven't been able to find anything about it online either. I'm talking about ambition level, academics importance level, discipline level, integrity level, temper level, etc. Not knowing what these do has been bothering me since day one of playing the game.
lemon07r

Re: What do coach personality traits affect?

Postby Wayne23 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:34 am

Ambition: The higher you set it the more likely you will have a shot at getting to an elite school.
Academics: Same idea. High academic schools only choose coaches with high academic importance.
Discipline: Some recruits want a disciplinarian, some do not. I usually set this one level above the middle.
Integrity: If you play with cheating activated this determines how likely you are to cheat. If cheating is not activated it doesn't matter.
Temper: Are you a firebrand, a yeller? Or are you the calm type? Again, some players are drawn more toward one extreme than the other. I usually set this at average.

If there are others, post them and I'll try to explain. Hope this helps.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby lemon07r » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:57 am

Wayne23 wrote:Ambition: The higher you set it the more likely you will have a shot at getting to an elite school.
Academics: Same idea. High academic schools only choose coaches with high academic importance.
Discipline: Some recruits want a disciplinarian, some do not. I usually set this one level above the middle.
Integrity: If you play with cheating activated this determines how likely you are to cheat. If cheating is not activated it doesn't matter.
Temper: Are you a firebrand, a yeller? Or are you the calm type? Again, some players are drawn more toward one extreme than the other. I usually set this at average.

If there are others, post them and I'll try to explain. Hope this helps.

Thanks this helps a lot. I'm curious how integrity affects cheating, for example, does lower integrity make bribes more effective or likely to work?
lemon07r

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:12 am

Re integrity. I don;t think so. I think it is more related to the frequency of occurence.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion