One Question and One issue

One Question and One issue

Postby blazertaz13 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:56 pm

As the title mentions, I have a question and an issue.

First the issue, the back arrow button does not seem to work with my set up. I am not sure why, so I am open to suggestions on how to get it to work.

Second, my conference schedule appears to be the same as last season except my road games are now home games and my home games are road games. Does this change after the first two years, or can I expect the same type of changes year to year (assuming I don't get fired or take a new job)?

Bonus question - how many of you coach out your games? I am wondering if I am one of the few that do or not. I have noticed that I give myself a better chance in games by coaching over simming (I am also sure I can cost us games as well). Just wondering what your experiences might be.
blazertaz13

Re: One Question and One issue

Postby Wayne23 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:16 am

The back arrow thing should probably go to tech support.
Conference schedule won't change, unfortunately. At some point there will probably be an algorithm that allows Gary to more easily bring some diversity to the conf. sched., but not at this point.
Lots of people coach the games and lots do not. I tend to coach but at super speed. If I'm behind I increase the D intensity, maybe go man to man 100% of the time, and do things like that. If it's close with about 2 minutes to play I take over and coach completely.
Wayne23
DDS:CB Support Squad

Postby blazertaz13 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:33 pm

Wayne23 wrote:The back arrow thing should probably go to tech support.
Conference schedule won't change, unfortunately. At some point there will probably be an algorithm that allows Gary to more easily bring some diversity to the conf. sched., but not at this point.
Lots of people coach the games and lots do not. I tend to coach but at super speed. If I'm behind I increase the D intensity, maybe go man to man 100% of the time, and do things like that. If it's close with about 2 minutes to play I take over and coach completely.

I appreciate the late game coaching comments. One area I am trying to get better at.
blazertaz13

Postby PointGuard » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:23 pm

The BACK button does not work. Gary tried fixing it during beta testing, but everything he tried messed something else up, so he decided it was best to get the game out with the back button inoperative. Hopefully when he works on CB2022, some fix will work for this because it would be nice to be able to use.

I play out my games. I will rarely sim a game though. I also sim when doing tests of the game. I believe there are quite a few who play out their team's games.

Several times I've tried to both sim and play out the same game...that has proven I'm not a genius coach...sometimes I do better than the AI does and other times the AI does better than me. My general impression is that there MAY be SLIGHTLY greater success by playing out games, but I'm not sure. I've also simmed the same game a number of times and there is a reasonable amount of variability...sometimes a team clicks and sometimes it doesn't. Like Wayne (I'm not saying I LIKE him, I'm saying similar to him :rolleyes: ), if the game is really close, I will greatly slow down the speed at the very end so I can micromanage the last few minutes of play...again I'm not sure if I really help my team by doing that but it enhances the enjoyment for me. For example, if I need to intentionally foul, I slow the game to a crawl and when the opponent's player with a really low FT rating gets the ball, I pause the game, select "intentionally foul",, click the action arrow... and voila, he's fouled...of course, then the guy acts like he's Steph Curry and makes BOTH free throws. :(
Dynasty Threads:
Fedora-CB;Town Crier-CB;FIve Friends/Foes-CB;Media Perspective-CB;Whatever It Takes-CB;Who's Bret Vandergard-CB;Gym Rat-CB;Repairman-CB;S. Mastroani-TPG;V. Stevenson-TPG
PointGuard
DDS:CB Support Squad

Return to DDS: College Basketball 2021 General Discussion